Chapter 19

Today is the day of my dad's funeral and I asked Lydia to come so I'll have someone to comfort me.Right now we're walking towards the building and I about burst to tears when I see who walks out of the building.

"Did you really think I'd miss dad's funeral,"Cal said.I had no words,all I could do is hug him as tears slid down my cheeks.

"Don't cry love,"Ash said.

"We'd never leave you to deal with something like this by yourself,"Luke said.

"Even though we technically did,"Mikey added.

"No you didn't,you call me everyday to make sure I'm okay and could've skipped the funeral,but you wanted to be there for me,"I said as we all group hugged.

"Guys,this is Lydia,"I added,pointing to her.

"Hello,"they all said in unison.

"Hey,huge fan by the way,"she said.

"Well,lets head inside,"Ash said.

"Now we are going to hear from Mark's daughter Jewlisa,"a man said as I walked up to the stand.

"This man was my father as you all know.He was like a best friend to me,when I needed to get away,he'd let me fly out and visit whenever,even if he had to get up at 2 and had work in a few hours.When I was kicked out if my house,he brought me in right away.When I was having problems with school,friends,or boys,he was like one of my girlfriends and tell me what to do.At the same time,he would tell me not to do something I'd regret later.He was an amazing father and friend and I couldn't have asked for a better father figure.I will forever remember and love him as more than family,"I said and walked back to my seat.I sat next to Luke and Lydia and she rubbed my back as Luke placed a hand on my thigh while I rested my head on his shoulder.

After the funeral,Lydia went home and the boys came back to the house with me.They got to stay for a few days and I wanted to see them as much as I possibly could,but at the same time,I just wanted to hide in my room forever.

"Well,I'm going to go get changed,"I said and walked to my room.I got changed and walked back downstairs to Cal and Mikey passed out on the couch,Ash asleep on the chair,and Luke no where to be seen.

"Luke,"I called out.

"Kitchen,"he responded.I walked in to see him making a sandwich.

"Stop eating my food,I can barely afford to pay bills,making it harder to buy groceries,"I said.

"Do you need some money,"he said as he took a bite of his sandwich.

"No Luke,I don't need your money,"I said.

"Since there's no room down here,I'm gonna sleep in Cal's room,"he said.

"Okay,well I'm going to bed,night Luke,"I said as I walked to my room.

That night I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking of my dad.I didn't think Luke would mind if I came to talk to him for a bit,so I got up and walked to my door.I opened it and heard strumming,Luke was working on a song because he kept singing the same thing repeatedly,just in different ways.Then,he started singing the song he finished.(His door was cracked open.)

"With in a minute I was all packed up
I've gotta a ticket to another world
I don't wanna go I don't wanna go
Silent words are hard to speak
When your thoughts are all I see
Don't ever leave she said to me
When we both fall asleep underneath the sky
To the beat of our hearts at the same time
So close but so far away
Can you hear me
She sleeps alone
My heart wants to come home
I wish I was I wish I was
Beside you
She lies awake
I'm trying to find the words to say
I wish I was I wish I was
Beside you
Another day and I'm somewhere new
I made a promise that I'll come home soon
Bring me back
Bring me back to you
When we both wake up underneath the time
Time stops I wish that I could rewind
So close but so far away
She sleeps alone
My heart wants to come home
I wish I was I wish I was
Beside you
She lies awake
I'm trying to find the words to say
I wish I was I wish I was
Beside you
The pieces of us both
Under every city light
And they're shining as we fade into the night
She sleeps alone
My heart wants to come home
I wish I was I wish I was
She sleeps alone
My heart wants to come home
I wish I was I wish I was
Beside you
She lies awake
I'm trying to find the words to say
I wish I was I wish I was
Beside you
She lies awake
Beside you
I wish I was I wish I was
She sleeps alone
My heart wants to come home
I wish I was I wish I was"

"I miss you Jewels,"Luke said as he hung his head.He then got up and walked towards the door and I ran to my room and jumped into bed.I pretended to sleep when Luke opened my door and soon,the other side of my bed dipped down.I pretended to stir and opened my eyes to meet Luke's blue eyes.I sat up and turned on my light so I could see his face.

"What are you doing,"I asked.

"I got lonely in there,so I came for a cuddle,"he said as he pulled me close.I sat between his legs as his arms where around my waist and head rested on my shoulder.I started to tear up,so I leaned my head against Luke as a few tears slid down my cheeks.

"What's wrong love,"Luke asked.

"It hurts so much,"I said.

"I know,but it'll get better,I promise,"he said,then kissed my cheek.I then turned around and kissed him.He immediately responded and kissed back as he layed me down so he was hovering above me.He dropped his head and kissed my neck as a few moans slipped out and he soon returned to my lips.My hands traveled down his body and stopped and his waist.I brought my hands to his belt and he pushed my hands away.I tried a few more times,but he kept pushing them away.

"Babe no,"he said between kisses.I pulled away and a few tears escaped my eyes.

"Please Luke,"I said.

"No,I know you're only using me as a distraction and I don't want you to regret it tomorrow,"he said as he wiped away my tears.

"But I won't,"I said as I pulled him back to me and kissed him.He just pulled away and shook his head.

"Another day,but not tonight,trust me I want to,"Luke said.He turned off the light and pulled me close to him while I silently cried into his chest while he stroked my hair and left the occasional kiss on the top of my head.I soon fell asleep with Luke next to me.