Chapter 17 [Familiar Face]

Jack's P.O.V.

I couldn't believe my eyes. There was an actual dragon right in front of my eyes! I thought they where just in stories. Legends! But now to think of it, I'm talking to a living shadow. Of course something like dragons exists... In this case.
"Easy now..." I said in a calm way to cool the dragon, just in case it wasn't friendly. It looked like it was friendly but I wasn't so sure about this. The dragon then stood up and walked towards me.
"B-Breathe Jack... B... B-Brea-the-..."

Mystery's P.O.V.

"B-Breathe Jack... B... B-Brea-the-..."

Such a drama queen. He just past out. Let's see here... I got closer to Jack and sat next to him. 'Come on. Waky, waky Jackie. It's me. Mystery.'

Nothing.

'Hm. Jack?' Wait... What if... I do this? I thought and felt how a smirk crept up on my face.
'Jack! Wake up! Inferno's back! We need to run! Now!'
"Gah! I'm awake!" He said, rushing up from the ground and became stuck in a sitting position.
'Haha.'
"Wait... M-Mystery? Is that you?"
'What do you think?'
"Can't you talk?"
'Nope. Not as a dragon.'
"Huh... So it looks like I'm talking to myself right now... Doesn't it?"
'Mhm.'
"Ugh... Ow. My head hurts. What happened?"
'You fainted, which made you fall and hit your head. You're thinking on getting up from the ground soon or?'
"Hm? Oh... I didn't even realize I was on the ground... Oops..."
'Haha. Come on now! I want to show you my home.'
"How?"
'Ahem, I'm a dragon now as you know. I can fly.'
"Wait... Are you thinking on..."
'Yes. Now get up from the ground and jump on! I want to show you now! Not later!'
"O-Okay..." He said and got up from the ground. I got myself to the right high so he could jump on my back. Now there's no going back.
'Here we go!'

*Gulp* was all I could hear from Jack. I spread out my wings and took off.

"Meep"
'Haha it isn't that scary when you get used to it Jack!'
"Easy for you to say!"
'I'll take it slow now in the beginning and when you get more used to it I'll do faster and faster plus higher and higher. Okay?'
"Mhm... Sounds *Gulp* g-good..."
'Haha.'

Jack's P.O.V.

I was scared to death, but really amazed too. This was so cool! I am flying! On an actual dragon! After a while of getting used to the hight, I sat up a bit more, and more, and more, until I was sitting like it was a chair I was sitting on. This was amazing. Until...
"Ahhh!" I screamed as I was falling. I closed my eyes and made myself ready to hit the ground. But it never happened. I slowly opened my eyes to see that I was on the black-purpled dragon that I was on before.

"Y-You... H-How d-did you g-get here so f-fast...?"
'I'm pretty fast. Just letting you know that now.'
"You could have told me before we started!"
'Where's the fun in that?'

After a while of flying, we started head for a landing. We got closer and closer to the ground yet that's when I caught something in the corner of my eye. A little girl with blond hair and what it looks like a head band with... Yellow, cat, ears...?
A-Annie?
"M-Mystery... Th-at girl... She looks like..."
'Intruder...'
"What? No wait Mystery! That's not-" Before I could react, Mystery was now on her way towards the girl. The dragon disappeared beneath me and I fell hard on the ground. I groan in pain after the rough landing yet I got on my feet as fast as I could to try and stop Mystery. When I got over to them, Mystery had the girl pinned down to the ground.
"P-Please don't hurt me!"
"Give me one reason why I shouldn't." Mystery growled at the girl.
"Let her go, Mystery!" I shouted, launching my self over to them, knocking Mystery off of the girl.
"Ugh, J-Jack!? What are you doing?!"
"Don't hurt her..."
"Give me one reason why I shouldn't!"
"Because I think she's-..."
"J-Jack?" I heard a quiet little girls voice say. I turned to face the girl and was welcomed with a hug from my sister. I hugged her back, I was so happy to see her.
"Annie..."
"Jack, I've missed you so much! Where'd you go? You never answered mom's calls. They were so worried and-"
"Shh, calm down... I'm here now... Everything will be alright. I promise." I told Annie, wiping some tears of her face.
"Jack, what are you doing? Do you know her?"
"Yes. Mystery, this is Annie, my... S i s t e r..."
"Oh my... I'm so sorry... I didn't know..."
"You couldn't have known... It's not your fault. Anyway... Annie, this is Mystery, she's a friend of mine."

Annie's P.O.V. (now it's been some time >:3)

"A friend of yours? When did you two meet? I've never heard about her before..."
"No of course you haven't... I met her when our plane cr-a s h e d..."
"C-Crashed? J-Jack... You mean that you could have..."
"Yes... But Mystery saved me."
"She did...?"
"Yes, yet he wanted to be dead instead of having these powers..."
"He, what...?!"
"Mystery!"
"What? Can't I say the truth?"
"Yes you can yet that's not the truth!"
"Hmph... Yea suure."
-Sigh- "Anyways, Annie... How did you get here?"
"I dunno... I remember that I went to sleep just some minutes ago and when I opened up my eyes, I was here. Mom and dad are probably really worried right now..."
"Don't you worry... We'll tell them as soon as possible that we're okay. I promise."
"Okay..."
"I'm sorry for disturbing yet we have to get back to the others now."
"Others? -gasp- Maya and Eric is here too?!"
"Oh yea... Heh, yea they ar-"
"They are?! I wanna see them!"
"Heh okay, okay. We will. Uh Mystery."

Jack's P.O.V.

"Heh okay, okay. We will. Uh Mystery."
"Already a step ahead of you." She said and with a snap of her fingers, the dragon was back.
"Are you serious...?"
'There's no other way back.'
-sigh- "Fine... Come on Annie. Let's jump on."
"Uhh... Okay..."