Xander

I have taken lives,

As easy as flower is plucked,

Withered and lifeless,

Her pain makes me hurt.

XANDER

I was already in state of panic when she screamed but the panic doubled or should I say multiplied thousand times when Haylien, the strong vibe angel told me something berserk. But was it so berserk? I had this lingering feeling of loving girl way before she gave me the absurd idea of love, protect her even though I was a demon, before she pulled the good inside me.

And yeah now I agree, she managed to pull the little good in me, I turned saviour to her when I was a killer by nature decided by higher power. Even her tear bothered me.

So what Haylien was saying, was all that true? Was I her guardian angel?

The thought was still absurd, a guardian to her was still fine but I had no idea or memories of being an angel. I would have throttled Haylien for saying so, I would have unleashed all wrath against angel if anyone suggested this to me before but with her life at stake, I had no other option, strength and I was ready to try being a healer.

But it was not in me, I knew and so did everyone else concerned around that I was not...cannot be a healer. I had no such power inside me.

"What should I do?" I finally said sounding unexpectedly desperate.

I was not accustomed of requesting someone about something but this was about her.

"This is a first, no demon had ever desired to be a healer." Alicia my ring opponent said.

Now I notice she seemed genuinely concerned and nice. It was good I didn't kill her.

There it was again! My good side which needed reason to kill while as a demon I should not need one.

"We have to turn you back to an angel and then you can easily heal her." Haylien said.

"Turn me back to an angel?" This was as absurd as it sounds.

Haylien nodded tentatively.

"You were originally a ro... a powerful angel." Martin said hesitating at something.

Of course I would have been powerful but an angel and as Martin said it made me really angry.

"Don't even make such blasphemous suggestions. I am still a powerful demon , you saw that first hand." I growled at him and this time he backed off.

He knew I was not in good mood.

Then I gathered courage to look at her, she was pale and peaceful, a light smile lingered on her face. There was slight bleeding on her forehead and even that much made me cringe. There were bluish veins visible under neck and my hands instinctively went to it and fingertips brushed lightly.

She trembled under my touch and all my thoughts centred on kissing her collar bone. I resisted the urge and thought all about healing her, was it possible? I gave it a shot all my thoughts focused on her healthy, non injured self, just to bring her back to how beautiful and full of life she was.

Even before I could allow any energy from me to flow in her or to allow my mind to focus on a single healing thought, she stirred under my fingers. My already weak focus shattered.

"Freya? Freya? Can you hear me? Are you fine?" I bluttered out everything in my mind.

I was not even ashamed anymore that I was this frantic and deathly worried about her because no denying the fact, seeing her close to death I knew I was nowhere close to okay with letting her go away from me.

I have started to care for her more than I cared for me, the feeling was frightening but definitely etched in my heart.

She coughed and her eye lids fluttered too rapidly. She gasped sharply and like my heart beat was connected to her , it stopped for a while.

"I am.. I am fine, I think." She said in a weak tone.

She looked at me with an unfamiliar glance like she broke from a nice dream and I was at fault.

She was blaming me for something and it hurt.

"What is it?" I asked to know the reason behind the look.

"Umm.. nothing I am sore all over.. pain." She said with too much stress.

She was fine and talking now... have I actually healed her? No, I knew I did nothing, no power flow or even any surge went through me. How was she okay, was she powerful enough to live through the passing of the Ring?

"Oh...okay." I gathered her in my arms, each time feeling the warmth of her form against me and happiness that came with it.

Everyone around kept quiet eyeing me suspiciously but no one spoke, I was glad I intimidated them because right then I was no mood to talk. I wanted to take her away from everyone. I wanted her alone with me.

"We will talk later." I turned and nodded my head at Haylien.

Surprisingly I didn't hate the guy.

He nodded back with a light smile on his face... he knew me, if I was actually an angel before like everyone here said... then Haylien was someone who knew me well.

This was getting on my nerves and other than that her constant staring too. All the while we walked to the entrance of the Heaven, she stared at me. I feigned obliviousness but her eyes on me was unsettling.

Finally I unfurled my wings ready to take a flight but she gripped my neck tighter in embrace and my breathing hitched.

It was amazing how her slight movements, touch affected me too much.

"Xander, I will never leave you. No matter what I will never hate you. I will always love you." She said with truth echoing in her every word and her eyes watering, her cheeks flushed overwhelmed with emotions.

The first time in my life...or should I say in my memory I felt undone, unnerved and awestruck.

The words were not meant for me... but they were. I had to register the fact that she said those words for me, to me.

When I didn't reply, she sighed and gave a small smile.

I was at loss for words, so I pulled her up close and gently kissed her forehead.

I hated to say , but actually it felt great to give in to the feeling... I was actually, madly and passionately in love with this human.

And here I mocked her because she told me that days ago!

Damn, I was in trouble!

So he accepts , finally! :)

Now lets see how he treats Freya...I am curious, are you ;)

We still have the Spring Formal !

So keep reading and enjoying....don't forget to VOTE!

Wings of Darkness ❤On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara