Freya

I thought I built,

An immunity to pain,

But now I know,

Vaccine is not to stay.

FREYA

I guess I should have some premonition dream, I was after all in love with an ex-angel and friends with two high ranking angels but nothing like that happened. There was a vacuum of discomfort built inside me since evening but that was normal for me after Alexander vanished. Had he left me? Did he took my words seriously and decided to leave me alone. That meant no more killing, I should have been happy but in clear words, it hurt like hell and I say it from experience.

This week had been miserable and then came the news making it the week worthy to die.

My little nephew, the new born Luke died. I should have acted strong and consoled my mother, talked to my sister but my mind went on automatic blank, the words, and the people around me a blur. The pain was too much for me to imagine a life as small as toy, as fragile as glass, as soft as snow to not exist anymore. It was something I can't comprehend and I was on verge of insanity.

I called out for Haylien and Alicia, they were angels, and they could help. But I knew better, I was born under a rule loving mother. No one can stop the departing soul, one who is gone is gone forever, and this is the rule. This is how heaven works. Balance needs to be preserved.

What balance? A new born who didn't even get to know meaning of a single emotion in this world was snatched away, where was the balance in that. Unfortunately neither Haylien nor Alicia responded they did console me through my dreams but that was it. No one was Alexander, one who could break rules for me. I was not a princess who desired pampering but this was the moment I needed Alexander to be the rebel for me.

But he was not here and it felt like that the moon was missing in a starless night. It was complete, utter, and terrifyingly dark.

I seldom had a desire to die and this was one of those moments.

And then the door bell broke my reverie of suicide attempts. Martin stood there and I no idea what ran through my mind or I was too drowned in pain, I stepped forward and allowed myself a moment of solace. When he hugged me I didn't even cringe instead I felt his warm flow through me and I broke into another set of sobs.

I turned selfish for once and let the pain over come my senses.

My mind replayed the feeling when I held Luke, his tiny cotton fingers clutching my hardened ones, his little body small enough to carry in my arms. I could feel the clawing in my heart when I imagined him lifeless.

Martin held me with surprising gentleness and didn't say a word while I cried.

I broke from his hug after a while and just sat silently. I didn't even bother to wipe the flowing tears away. Instead Martin reached forward and wiped my tears off and like an automatic response I drifted a bit back. He still reached out and wiped them off.

"What happened?" He finally asked the dreaded question softly.

"My new born nephew.. he...he...", I couldn't bring myself to say the word dead and gulped down sharply the panic rising in my throat.

He didn't say the usual I am sorry for you loss line. I hated that line how can everyone feel sorry for my lose , they don't, they can't. Gratefully he just sat their silently, a calming presence. I had no idea Martin had a sincere side to him.

"Is it fair, he didn't even....he couldn't even talk?" I said my voice trembling unintentionally.

"At least he will not know the unnecessary pain in the world and since he left the world as pure as he came, he will be awarded Heaven." He said with immense seriousness and a different type of authority as if he was experienced or something.

What he said was true and if someone could just help me I could get Luke back from heaven.

"I wish there was an angel who could just help me get Luke back." I said that out loud but I guess in my state of delirium Martin wouldn't register the weird words.

The look on his face surprised me, he was shocked and miserable. Why?

And then after moment he lost the look. He must be really miserable to see me in so much pain.

"I am here for you Freya, you know that." He said the words like he meant them, like I was not some random girl he was flirting with.

I couldn't understand the weight and meaning behind his words so I just nodded.

"I don't think you have any right to stay anywhere near my girl." Another set of male voice interrupted us.

Alexander stood in my living room looking formidable and sexy. Even in this despondent state relief flooded through me. This week was not that bad after all....

Cliffhanger..I love them, don't you *evil laugh*

Xander's PoV will be up ASAP! I am working on it but I am kind of worn out right now! :)

What do you think about Luke's death? Should he be brought back or should balance preserve?

happy reading and don't forget to VOTE if you like it :