Xander

I shackled myself,

Bounding the ocean inside me,

Even with iron distance,

She managed to set me free.

XANDER
In my defence I really kept away from her for a whole week, I never visited her, I never tried to even stalk her, I never even troubled her dreams. But I did keep tabs on her, having no idea how she was and what she was doing was nerve wrecking so I sent my shadow minions to give me report of what she was doing.

Each day they reported about her and I imagined their description like I was watching a movie, I recalled her every movement, her fragrance, her eyes, her lips which curved to aim at my heart, her hair which even messed up looked cute. ALEXANDER!!! STOP BEING INSANE.

Shadows are useful this way, they can follow around anyone I want and the intended party didn't even know. Everything was fun, I was being a semi-dutiful son and I kept safe distance from her and then Shadow came with the news.

It was hard enough to stay away from her and now when I know she was in so much pain I couldn't stay a second in Hell. Her infant nephew died and as per the information she loved him very much. The description shadows gave me was so surreal and painful that I felt myself tremble.

That's when I decided I was done being the good son and that I needed to see her.

I went there in genuine attempt to comfort her and not be a demon for a while but that stupid angel was there. Not only he was there at her place even after my warning, he had the audacity to touch her, to pull her for an embrace. My insides burned with anger and I was full on demon again. This time I noticed she didn't react unpleasantly to his touch; instead she buried herself and cried.

It bothered me too much to see her cry but it bothered me more that he was the sharing her pain and comforting her and not me. I was made to be the destructor not the comforter but I wanted to be one for her. All the while she cried and shivered in pain, he looked at her with love and care. I had the desire to claw out his eyes and burn him limb from limb.

"I am here for you Freya, you know that." He said those words and it felt like someone hit me with thunder.

Those words were not his to say, he had no right to make that kind of promise and some insane part of me told me that these words were mine, meant to be said to her.

And I completely break the rules, the resolve and reason and entered the house in rage and desperation.

"I don't think you have any right to stay anywhere near my girl." Were the words that formed on my lips before I could stop being impulsive.

I know I would regret those words later but now they were out of my mouth and I actually loved the reaction she gave.

Her soulful brown eyes lit up beautifully and she looked flush maybe it was from all the crying but I decided to avoid the fact.

The angel named Martin looked wearied, he was scared of me, he knew how powerful I was and the aura he was emitting told me that he had a warrior stance, he was a trained fighter. Why was he here breaking angelic rules, was it for the girl?

Whatever the reason was, he was not getting the girl. I had no idea what she meant to me but she was mine.

"And what is your relationship to her?" He asked the billion dollar question which no one could answer.

And then she tilted her head slightly with an adorable inquisitive look as if she also wanted to know the answer to question.

I contemplated the question and searched for an answer or for even an excuse at that point. I had no specific answer to that question.