Martin

The darkness was building,

Terror on loose,

I had to make a decision,

But it was hard to choose.

MARTIN

There was strong demon presence around and I suspected it was Alexander. So his deep bond with the girl actually managed to pull him towards her even though he had no memory of her. This both awed and irked me, there are millions girls in this world but he only had eyes for her. I didn't bother to make a move yet, attacking Alexander would have done me no good since for now he was a demon and he cared for no one enough to make them his weakness.

I decided to wait, to see if he could actually love her again.

The next day I watched her walk out of the house dressed casually for school. I wanted to give her a ride or at least strike a genuine neighbourly talk but my feet were stuck to ground bound in duty. I have to keep my distance and treat her as a medium for revenge. I could not allow myself to get any  closer to her than I already was. It will be painful to separate myself from her.

As I parked my car few seconds later she and Brenna parked few feet away. She looked annoyed at something but she kept up the feigned smile for her friend's sake. Meeting with Alexander didn't go well I guess. I stopped and thought for a moment, but hesitation was crushed by want and I walked quicker to fall in line with her.

"Good Morning, neighbour." I smiled automatically at her.

Few minutes ago I was being dutiful and smart keeping my distance, I realised I was not that strong with resolve when it came to her.

She let out a almost inaudible sigh, she was not comfortable around me like she was around Alexander, that stung a bit.

"Hi, sorry if I sound crappy but my mood is that way." She said with a sincerely apologetic small smile.

"I am fine with it, I am happy as long as I could see your face." I said telling the truth.

"Martin, are you never tired of flirting?" Brenna asked.

Truthfully for a human Brenna was ok, she was intelligent, loyal and sharp tongue. We never got along well and argued most of the time. First it really annoyed me but now I was used to it.

"Are you ever tired of breathing Bren?" I asked grinning at her.

She shook her head with a hint of smile on her lips. I knew she too enjoyed our banter.

I placed myself between the two girls and encircled my arms around both of their arms. Brenna tugged to break free while I felt Freya stiffen on my touch.

I ignored it and pulled along the girls like the playboy I pretended I was.

"So do you guys found any dates for Spring Formal yet?" I asked interested to know Freya's answer.

"I don't think I will be going and Brenna's boy friend asked her out already." Freya answered.

"Why are you not going?" The question came out more rashly than intended.

"Because I am a popular recluse and I hate parties." Her answer was not an excuse but the truth.

"What if I asked you out?" It was meant to be a flirt joke but I felt the nervousness built inside me to know even her fake answer.

"Oh, that would be an honour. Then she might re think her options." Brenna answered instead.

Impulsively I rolled my eyes at her and stuck out my tongue. I was becoming all non angelic.

My eyes still rested on Freya now facing her as we stopped in front of our lockers.

"I don't think anyone can change my mind on that." She said with a light shrug.

I was disappointed.

"And you have whole lot of girls begging to go to prom." She said as if to make me feel better.

"Of course I do but I don't think anyone is as interesting as you are." I managed to give a flippant reply.

She gave out a short laugh as if she was anything but interesting. She had a short opinion on herself.

The bell sounded before I had the time to correct her. I just planted a quick peck on her cheek which shocked her but I wanted to do it, at least kiss her in some way. She blushed furiously and turned to leave without a word. She grumbled something to Brenna about the Chem class. For a while I have noticed her dislike for the subject. Then I have seen her guardian angel coming to her aid in every chemistry class since he became visible to her.

We entered the class and everyone took their respective seats. The seat next to her was empty since Evan was gone and no one remembered Alexander. Like the royals I did not have the power of compulsion to get me what I wanted.

She gave Brenna a miserable and disgusted look, Brenna grinned and then she turned back discomfort clear. She was fine when it was normal class but when it was time for a quiz or something she was uncomfortable. She was excellent in other subjects but chemistry, she hated.

I noticed her fingers repeatedly curling a strand behind her ear and chewing insides of her cheek. Her eyes darted frantically on the page of our chem book possibly trying to memorize enough to do well on her test. I decided to be an angel to her.

"Ok now keep away your books class. It's time for test. This constitutes ten percent of your final marks so I hope you don't just write your name on the sheet." Ms Tanya Ishcovitz said.

She was my least favourite teacher around, me being an angel and all I didn't find a single good quality in her besides the fact that she was pretty and good at chemistry.

I got up from my seat to ask Ms. Ishcovitz for seat change at sit next to her.

But before I could do so the class door opened and in walked my enemy, my fear, now the Prince of Hell, Alexander.

The immense shock made me lose my thinking capability for a while. It was one thing for angels to roam around on earth but no demon dared to walk in close proximity to humans. Alexander must have sensed an angel around and yet dared walk in like that. He was still Alexander in that way, a rule breaker.

I slowly slid back in my seat and noticed my partner giving me a weird look.

I saw her eyes widened in disbelief but also a very tiny amount of excitement. She still loved him even after being tortured so much in hell and then Alexander losing his memory. It was selfless and brave on her part to love him to this extent.

Alexander just walked over and sat down next to her. The usual surprised and awed whispers began in class. Girls ogled him and Ms. Ishcovitz gaped at him, surprised at him for his rude behaviour.

"Excuse me, I have no notice about a new student." She said with certain level of anger.

"I am Alexander." He simply stated sounding dangerous and full of authority as if his name was all he was going to say.

Demons had stronger manipulation power than angels had so it took few seconds to settle down everyone. The class longed in a drunken haze and being an angel, a warrior at that angered me for being so helpless.

And if I didn't feel guilty enough, he turned and glared at me with pure hatred and evilness that even made me wary. He knew I was an angel.

"So I was talking about the test." Ms. Ishcovitz said shaking of the haziness.

"I don't think I am in mood for any test Ms. Tanya." Alexander said with extreme coolness and arrogance that was annoying.

Alexander again was here protecting her from her fears even as a demon.

Like? Please please comment and let me know!

And you can VOTE as well xD

Thank you all for reading..

Team Martin anyone!?