Xander

I cannot be away,

I cannot be close,

Exotic and dangerous,

She is like a rose.

X

ANDER

Now I realised why people detested hell or why go to hell was a curse. Because I felt like Hell in my room. I should be happy that she was hurt, I should be happy that she didn't want to see me that she was disappointed in me but I was not. It bothered me like hell. I was in almost a delirious state. I created a list in my mind of what made me uncomfortable. Firstly she was no more in front of my eyes; I agree it was a pain, a real bother to be away from her. Secondly, as much I thought I wanted her to hate me, to be afraid of me...it was damn false! Because seeing it in her eyes was heart twisting. And finally I left her hurt, tears in her eyes and I had no idea why it made me squirm.

Hurting and pain might be fun but when it came to her, it was hateful.

But I was grateful she didn't ask me to leave her alone forever, because now I know I couldn't do that, wouldn't do that. Even though I was powerful leaving her was not in my power.

Now I desired her that much was decided but did I wanted to keep it that way? My father will crush her. She said nothing will change her feelings for me; I had to try the most cliché approach of hurting the ones close to her. Embarrassing her publicly or socially was not an option. Unlike myself I couldn't allow any kind of harm to come to her, no matter how minor.

Yes, it is a shame but me; a demon had developed protective instincts around a human. And no, I didn't agree, can't agree that this is love. Love is out my context. So I had an unnamed emotion for the girl. It was more than attraction and lust.

But most pressing matter now was to get her to look at me with the way she did, full of trust and beauty. I know I shouldn't want her to trust me but I loved this look in her eyes when she saw me, no one ever saw me that way. What ! Did I say love? Was it possible to make a demon mentally ill, because maybe I was going crazy?

Is it so wrong if I loved a human? The thought aggravated me and I punched the mirror in my room, it shattered more minutely than I intended like my angers were put in my actions. My room was dark, I liked dark. The walls were maroon in colour, closer to shade of red. A green golden hue illuminated room a bit but it was all I ever required.

And now, now I liked light. The light that emitted from her, the purity, the serenity...I liked to be around her. She felt like the abrupt yet fitting light to my dark existence.

I promised myself to protect that little light.

"Alexander, where have you been?" My father stepped in without even a bother to knock.

"What are you doing here father?" My voice came out more harshly than intended.

I neither liked nor hated him. He was just my King, I reluctantly respected him.

"Demusa reports that you have been spending time outside your room." He said and I mentally cursed my maid servant.

"I have been learning to fight." I lied, naturally.

"Oh, that's good. I hope you have not been out in human world. There has been two weird deaths caused by a demon and angels are angry about it. We kill secretly." He said like he knew more than he led on.

That didn't bother me, I was not scared of him.

"I have no idea what you are talking about." I said with a nonchalant shrug.

My first instinct to protect her from his anger.

"Very well. Next time, just be sure to inform me about your practice session. I might train you myself." He made an outright fake offer.

I nodded and bowed slightly.

Alerting my father was the not the most intelligent choice. If he decides he can make someone's life miserable. And making her miserable was not a pleasant idea.

I had to lay low for a while and that meant not roaming around the human world. The idea suddenly created a pang in my heart, like sharp fingers were clawing right through my skin to the interior. I realised I would not be able to see her.

Maybe not seeing her for a while would be good, maybe the charm will break? But who was I kidding, I know there was not a mere magic spell that could affect so deeply and maybe it will be good for her I leave her for a while but it certainly didn't feel anywhere near good for me.

A cursed formed under my breath; I was getting too habitual to the girl. This wasn't normal, this was not demonic to feel so much pain, discomfort and loss on thought of not a seeing a particular individual.

And then there was that angel guy swooning around her, I can't just let her be unguarded. Unguarded, really? The one she needs protection from is you.

I hated when my inside talked to me, did everyone had their inside talking to me or was just another side effect of hanging too much around her?

A week. I decided to be a dutiful, soul torturing, evil, killing son to my father and then he would not hover. Maybe by then, I hoped (or not) that I will forget about the girl or obsess less about that girl.

"Demusa!" I yelled and she instantly appeared.

My maid was pretty for servant, she was tall, slim and olive skin. She had the weirdest shade of green hair and raven black eyes. Well all demons had raven black eyes, so... She liked me. Her shy smiles, batting eye lashes, stealing glances told me enough. It was kind of amusing to watch.

"This week I instruct you to try whatever means to hold me in my room. No matter what I say or do, do not let me go. And help me out here; I might die of excruciating pain, misery and loneliness this week.

She just nodded her eyes wide in surprise at my absurd demands. I flicked my hand in motion for her to leave and bowing slightly she left but not before giving me a slant look.

Sighing heavily I flung myself on my king sized bed.

One week, just one week and closed my eyes thinking that.

Irked immensely I sat up with a jerk, this week is going to be hard and long because first thing that I saw after closing my eyes was her brown ones filled with tears.

Yeah, I might die in pain this way.

I am going slow on this one since I am working on two novels at same time and I have gone half insane. Because I even dream about them now! xD

Hope you guys like it! A little father son time here :)

Vote and Comment my lovelies! :)