Martin

I had to overcome a mountain,

To win my object of desire,

The mountain is invincible,

Like a pool of red fire.

MARTIN

Alexander was mystifying. He was mean and evil, he was strong and deadly but he had the trace of softness in him just for her. He vanished for a week and then he was back again, his timing was perfect. When I would have been a source of support for her and gained her trust he was here in her time of need. Was he even demon?

But he was surely demon; he had those pitch black eyes that could give you nightmares, his aura reeking of blood, hatred and death. And hence it was more intriguing, he was supposed to be malicious and he was, but not for her. Is it possible for demon to even love? Does this emotion was even in their book?

And I was a warrior angel, I was not made to be intimated by demon, I was made to vanquish them. And even though Alexander was the all powerful type of being but I need to stand up to him and even though I had slim chance but I wanted to do and not out of duty but for her. More he challenged and threatened me, more I wanted her for myself.

The problem was she didn't see me that way, I have been around her for more than two years and she still doesn't consider me more than a friend. And she can't stop seeing Alexander with eyes filled with love even though he was a demon now. Did she know he killed two innocent souls? I doubted that even that information will change her feelings for him. She was the defined fate of Alexander, a connection made by destiny.

Then why the hell I have feelings for the girl, fate can't be so cruel to me. Was I destined for an unrequited love tragedy?

I am warrior and I should not dwell on such thoughts. I had the idea that Alexander will be breaking in Heaven to get what mattered to Freya most, Luke's soul. I had this opportunity created by foolish desire of humans of not letting go. I will have my team mates ready for attack Alexander would never suspect.

And then Freya will be alone and I will be her companion.

"Sir Zazireil, we have alerted all the warriors and put some guard at girl's house. We have put a decoy soul where the infant's soul was suppose to be and we put the anti demon charm on every single prison cell. We all have our swords dripped in holy water and anti demonic holy words etched on us. Are there any more instructions?" My second in command, Sabrael reported.

Zaziriel was my real angel name, name only few know. I was basically an undercover angel with my human name Martin.

"Try to keep the girl out of harm's way and until absolutely necessary do not use her as bait for Alexander. I hope we take him without any help." I instructed worried for her safety.

"Sir you do know that he would be even more powerful with his demon side awake?" Sabrael said it like a warning.

"Keep in mind Sabrael, we are warriors, we are the fighters. And he might have his demon side functional but his angel side is dormant and that angel side was the dangerous one. We can handle a demon." I said with confidence which I actually lacked.

I know Sabrael was right but I was the leader and I was not supposed to demoralize.

The look on Sabrael's face told me he was not convinced of my act but he bowed slightly and left to follow my command.

It was still time for the mission so I decided to pay a visit to my prisoner mother.

Angel prison was not as painful as a prison should be but it was prison nevertheless.

The walls were made of cold steel with eye and brain hurting sharp white lights. It smelled of frost, metal and blood. There was no way an inmate could see outside or even get a wisp of fresh air. The only way you could see another soul was to open the door. My mother was in the cell placed last in the hallway. It was the worst one with cold air filled in it and heavy iron and silver chains to bind her by her ankle and her wrist.

Every time I visited she smiled for me but her face was getting paler and skinnier each time. It pained me to see her this way, she is after all my mother but I was too loyal and dutiful to break her free. If Alexander had been in my place the situation would have been different. It was because of his stubborn rebellious nature my mother was in this place.

"No, it is because of her evil nature even after being an angel that put her here." Said a voice from prison.

I couldn't see the face of the prisoner but I did know he had the power to prod minds and thoughts, an evil practice in angel rule book. We do not invade human privacy.

I decided to ignore the almost correct remark made by the prisoner.

I opened the gate and saw my mother snuggled in a corner, looking more like skeleton than an angel.

"Mother." I whispered fear building inside me for her safety.

She lifted her head from between her knees and stretched her parched lips into a painful smile that made her wince. A crease formed near her eyes, eyes now filled with genuine love for her son, me. Pain choked me and I gulped down a cry. Without realising tear formed in my eyes and I hurriedly wiped them away.

"My handsome son is here. How have you been Zaziriel?" She asked in a coarse tone that said lack of moisture and I gave her the water container I brought.

She almost snatched and started gulping down the water spilling most of it in hurry and desperation.

"Mother you look unwell." I managed the words out of my mouth refraining myself from embracing her.

He laughed a sharp laugh making her cough in the process.

"I am fine, you tell me how is the plan working out?" She was all about business.

"Alexander might be entering heaven tonight. We are planning an attack." I informed her as if I wanted her approval, her blessing.

She closed her eyes and a smile lifted her now sagged skin.

"Tell me how it goes and destroy him and everything he cares about." My mother said in a vindictive tone.

Angels are not vindictive but somehow my mother has always been revengeful and non forgiving type.

I decided to keep quiet about my feeling for Freya since she was already in so much distress. I just nodded and she smiled constantly at me.

"I am proud of you, you know?" She said gently.

And I nodded stiffly. This was the first time she had said something like that to me.

"I have a request to make if I win this one." I said sensing it to be good time to at least hint at my actions to want Freya.

She looked at me with a surprise, like I said I was the dutiful son, did everything without asking for anything.

"What is it you want?" Her tone incredulous at my statement.

I enjoyed holding a surprise element over her.

"I will tell you once I succeed." I said not sure I even want to tell her and face her wrath.

Even as a warrior I have been intimidated by her temper.

She gave me a look, a look to tell her whatever it was. But I held my ground this time and stared back. I was breaking my own mini rules.

"My blessings are with you Zaziriel." She said as I turned to leave and I felt really happy.

But I didn't wanted her to show how needy and desperate I was for her mere blessing so I left without turning back to look at her.

Now, I needed to win because for first time my mother was proud of me and I had to be the winner so ask for the request, to have an official consent to keep her.

Finally I got around updating this! I have loads of work and I will be slow in updating like twice in a week or so but I will be updating for sure, no matter how busy :)

Go ahead ,read and let me know what you think! :)

Please do VOTE and comment! It keeps me boosted!