Ch:20 Work it

Do Not Forget to Vote and Comment

Blair's POV

I just had a week before the gala and I was still left with picking out a dress. I went through a few Dior and Armani dresses but I still wanted to check out Alexander McQueen and Chanel. These are my favourite brands.

I had still to pick my shoes and purse for the occasion. I was in a total riot. Obsessing over the tiniest little thing.

The gala was by some company that my father worked with and almost all the rich families were coming which included Mia, Lisa, Asher and Blake. Ryan would most probably not be coming unless he was somebody's date. I would take him but Asher and I go together for all such events.

My daddy says it's good for the company's image, since two heirs of such big companies are together and the fact that we usually goof around, makes the event more bearable.

We were sitting in the cafeteria and I was fussing about the fact that I still didn't have my dress.

I wanted to get the dress today but both Mia and Lisa were unavailable. And I didn't want to go alone with my stylist, she can be pretty snooty.

"Can you not go on your date later, common Mia!" I try to convince.

"It's Blake, I can't ask him for a raincheck just so I can go shopping with you." She says it exaggerating so much as though I was asking her to kill a puppy.

"But Lisa has her piano lessons and I don't want to go with Merissa alone." I whine

"Then how about we go tomorrow?" She asks.

"No, are you crazy! I still need to get by bag and shoes. I need the dress today. Merissa will kill me if I postpone it any further."

"No worries princess, I'll come with you." Asher says giving me his cute boyish smile.

"No I told you, you cannot come."

"Why not" Mia and Asher ask.

"I want it to be a surprise!"

"But then how will I get the matching bowtie?"

"Bowtie? Are you serious ! Just because you act like a ten year old doesn't mean you have to dress like one Asher!"

"What? I thought it would look cute." He murmurs with a frown.

"Ohmygod! I can't even. I'll get you the tie and a pocket square. And whatever outfit you decide you HAVE to approve through me." I tell him with a sharp look.

"Okay, princess. Geez."

If you didn't get already I can get a bit crazy when it comes to any preparations. I NEED everything to be perfect.

I look at Ryan, he looks a bit uncomfortable at first.

"I don't want to go dress shopping. I mean isn't it something for the girls." He says while squirming in his seat and looking at everywhere around but at me. Huh!

"Hey! But I agreed to go." Asher interjects.

"That doesn't count." He waves him off.

"What the f*ck is that supposed to mean." Asher gets angry getting up from his seat and most probably about to hit Ryan.

"No." I scold pulling him down.

"Besides I don't even know much about fashion." Ryan says.

"But Ryan, we will have so much fun! You can tell me which dress looks good on me and which doesn't. I can pick your favourite dress." I try to convince him with the puppy dog eyes.