Chapter 25 Don't Remind Me

Play the music when it tells you to!
The song is 'For the love of a daughter' by Demi Lovato in nightcore.

Your POV
The day has come... today is my birthday and I'm not happy at all. Why? Because of my past... (I mentioned that it will be sad!) Hopefully only Abbie knows and nobody decided to throw me a party... I wonder if Aph knows? this actually makes me curious... is Aphmau's birthday same as mine considering that Lady Irene/our mother sent us here to be re-born human... this just makes it sound weird! When I turned up on my guard post everything and everyone seemed normal. Me not included... I wasn't cheerful today unlike any other day spent in Phoenix Drop and Laurence, Garroth and Dante noticed that on our shift...
'Hey (N)? Something wrong? You seem down today... well at least more down than you were lately' Laurence asked, how do I answer this?
'It's nothing! Something got me thinking thats all!' I pulled my best fake smile possible but that didn't convince my friends...
'Wanna talk about it?'
'Sorry, but I rather not Dante...'
'Hey if something is bothering you, you can always tell us!'
'I would normally but this isn't anything I need you to worry about. Like seriously Garroth, not even my closest friends know this...'
'Oh come on! I don't like to see you sad! You'll feel better when you get that off of your chest!'
'Yeah!' The other two agreed with Laurence. I looked at my watch and noticed it was the end of our shift.
'I need to go Abbie is probably waiting for me! Bye guys!' I ran off towards my house.
'(N)! Wait!' I ignored Dante calling after me... I'm sorry but this isn't something I can say I'm proud of...
At home me and Abbie talked a bit and I was glad she avoided the topic of my birthday or that I am a bit down today at about 5pm she said that her and Dante wanted to go and train a bit so she left the house... finally some time alone when I can let my feelings out... I decided to go to my bedroom and started singing...

Music on!

Dante's POV
(N) seemed down all day long which bugged me knowing that it is her birthday... Abbie told us all the day before so we planed to surprise her but now I wonder if she is down because it is her birthday... She never actually told us about her life before she went to the academy or her reason why she went. Anyway, it was my job to bring her to her party and now I don't think I want to do this... I knocked onto (N)s door. No response. I just decided to get in because why not! She wasn't down stairs so she must be up in her bedroom and just as I was about to knock on her door I heard her sing... I waited until she stopped and wondered why she was singing soch a sad song on her birthday... the song was beautiful but really sad... I wonder, did she have some family drama as a kid? I listened glued to her door, from the tone of her voice I could tell she was crying... that is not going unnoticed! When she finished I opened the door, she still didn't't know that I'm here... she was just huddled on the floor crying... I just can't stand to see her like this! I decided to hug her from the back, at first she jumped but when she realised it was me she loosened up.
'Why are you crying (N)?' I asked softly. Her sobbing didn't stop...
'Just let me be Dante... no one would understand anyway' she attempted to push me away but she failed.
'Why am I so weak! Why couldn't I ever make him proud! I tried so hard.' She putted her head on my chest and her sobbing grew even more uncontrollable...
'You know,when I was younger my older brother made everyone I know forget abou me so I might be able to understand...' I didn't't know what to do so I tried my hardest to comfort her... poor girl must have been through a lot...
'You were? I-I'm sorry... It's just that whenever my birthday is near I-I just have a mental break down..too many paint memories come back.'
'If you wanna talk about it, I'm here to listen. You can always tell us if something is bothering you'
'I know... I-It's just that... it isn't easy to talk about... to be honest is painful to even think about. But... if you really wanna know...'
'As long as you're fine telling me this then I'm all ears' I smiled at (N) attempting to get her smile out.
'Well, when I was a young girl me and my dad were really close, but then he got transfered as the head guard of our village and got more and more stressed out which lead him to drink whenever he could...

*flashback* (from your POV)
'Daddy's back!' Little me ran towards my beloved father but that day he wasn't himself. He had a few too many drinks...
'What do you want you worthless girl?! You can't do anything properly and you just run up to me like this?!'
I was shocked by his words... worthless. Mum was never home when dad came back so I had to go through many painful words leaking from his mouth... apparently drunk speak truth and that led me to belive that I'm terrible at everything. Each day went the same, I would train in combat as well as my school work to get higher grades even though I was already top of the class. A few months after dad started drinking my mother died of unknown to me and everyone reason, to this day I think he poisoned her. I rearly saw him not drunk and when I did he didn't rember any of the pain he caused me. On my 16 birthday I went off away from home to prove that I'm not useless... that I am strong. As I was packing he entered my room...
'What are you doing brat?!' Not only did the words hurt but he hit me a few times on my back... I couldn't stand this pain anymore.
'I'm off to the guard academy! I can prove that I am strong!' He just laughed... this mad me so angry that with all my strenth I punched him, grabbed my things and ran off without even turning back.

*flashback over*

Your POV
I couldn't control my emotional state at this moment so I just burried my face into Dante's chest. His warmth calmed me down a bit and for once I was glad someone knew...

hey! This chapter was also pre-written but I decided to add yhis little note in, this book is almost at 2K views!!! Yey! Anyway, hope you enjoyed and cya next time! Bye!

^♡Sisi♡^