"Elle!  Come in, we were expecting you," said Mary in a fake cheerful voice, but I could still see the tear tracks on her cheeks.

I smiled and went to sit next to Alex.  Was it just my imagination or had he recoiled slightly?

"Hey," I whispered, sliding my hand into his.

His hand was stiff and I looked up at him curiously.  He was facing away from me and refused to look at me, even when I nudged him a couple times.  When dinner was finally served, instead of leaving my hand in his and eating with one hand like he usually did, he sharply withdrew his hand to eat, as though happy for an excuse not to touch me.

This coldness felt like a knife wound in my chest.  I winced and turned away from him to talk to Aaron instead.  I could feel his eyes boring into my back while I did so but when I turned around his eyes were fixed on his plate.

This is ALEX we're talking about here!  He's just getting over the shock

Oh, so NOW you support me....

In your time of need I'll always be here, even when no one else is.

Awww....  Thanks.....

No prob.

Dinner passed slowly, with me talking to Aaron and trying to get Alex to look at me.  He never did.  When it was time to clear our plates he was the first to stand up, his back rigid, and hurried away.  Bryce scratched his head in thought, even HE didn't know what was going on.

This felt oddly like that scene in Twilight where Edward is totally like disgusted with Bella when they sat in that lab together the first day....  I'm not a die-hard fan (GO TEAM JACOB, WOOT!) but I had seen the movie once when my friend McKenna.  That moment just stuck in my head, at that time I had wondered how anyone could be that cruel to a girl who was just rying to be nice....  Well, now I knew. 

Shaking my head, I strode into the kitchen after him.

"Hey," I snapped, a little sharper than intended.

His back stiffened but he didn't turn to look at me. 

"What?" he forced out, and I could tell it was through gritted.

"What the fuck is your problem?!  When you finally get your bullshit together meet me at the stables in an hour, kay?  Just collect your shit and stop being so stupid," I snapped, dumping my plate in the sink and striding out.

That felt so good.

An hour later I was waiting at the stables, stroking Belle's neck softly, when I heard the stable door open.  I walked to the edge of Belle's stable door and peered out.  There was Alex, sexy as ever, walking towards me.  He still wasn't looking at me.

"Hey," I said carefully, opening the stall door and stepping out.

"Hey," he said coldly, staring at his feet.

"Are you gonna look at me?" I asked, tapping my foot.

He didn't answer.

"For fuck's sake, LOOK AT ME GOD DAMMIT!" I yelled, and he finally looked up.

I stepped back in alarm.  His eyes were filled with a mixture of things.  In them were sadness, despair, confusion, and...was that anger? 

"What hell is wrong with you?" I whispered, reaching out to grasp his hand.

He pulled his hand away quickly, and I saw a new emotion flicker across his eyes.

Disgust.

~~~

OMFG!!!!  *munches popcorn*  I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING!  :O  O_O  O_o  O.O  O.o   

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!!  See, told you they had a mind of their own....  Confused?  Heartbroken?  Despairing?  Despondent?  Crushed?  All of the above.  Well so am I....

ROFLROFLROFLROFL.  I really don't have a plan for the next chapter.  Well, maybe I do a lil bit....  So, did you enjoooy itttt????

AND GUESS WHAT!!! 17 FANS NOW BAYBAY!!!!!!! Can we make it to 20? Pleaseohpleaseohplease?  *EXTREME puppy dog face*

fank ya.  Heehee that's how a friend of mine's lil sis says "Thank you."  :)  so cute.

See ya latah suckahs!  (Another one of hers....)

xoxo

xx

HHR4ever

<3