16- It was him

~One week later~

A lot had happened the past week. We had decided on a place to stay permanently, for the next few months anyways. We had rented a small cottage in a really remote place. Barely any people had heard of it, it was safe, I don't think anyone would recognise us if we were here. I felt finally happy. We were going to get jobs next week because We didn't have much money left.

"Morning." Jack smiled as he came into the sitting room. He handed me a bowl of Cheerios. I stuffed a spoonful in my mouth and turned on the TV. Jack headed to his bedroom to get dressed. I still hadn't told him how I feel.

"The search for the teenagers, Sean McLoughlin and (Y/N) (L/N), continues as...."

I started choking on my Cheerios. Suddenly, I felt like my happiness had been hit by a truck. Jack came running in to the sound of my sputtering.

"Jesus, Sarah, Are you OK?!" He asked frantically, running to my side and patting my back. I immediately reached for the remote and turned the TV off, still choking. I then reached for the mug of tea to take a gulp.

"Are you OK?" Jack asked again, patting my back.

"I'm fine..just...didn't chew properly." I fake smiled.

"Your such a stoop." He giggled.

"Go get dressed." I replied, punching his arm playfully. He stood up and walked back into his room.

Did I just hear what I thought I heard??

I turned back on the TV and looked at the headlines. Thankfully, there was nothing there about missing teenagers.

"Well great, I'm going fucking crazy!" I said sarcastically.

"You already are crazy, cookie." Jack said from behind me. I turned around to him and smiled.

"If anyone's crazy, its you, Sean." I replied. He walked into the kitchen and grabbed his Cheerios. He ate them as he leant against the door frame.

"Ohhhhh, Using real names now, are we?" Jack smiled. I hadn't called him Sean in ages.

"What's so strange about that?" I asked. Its not like he's not used to it.

"Nothing." He replied. "So, what ya wanna do today, (Y/N)??" He asked, walking over and sitting down on the couch beside me.

I shrugged my shoulders, trying to think of things to do.

"Well..There's amusements in town, Wanna go?" He suggested.

Sean's P.O.V

We were walking to the amusements. Its was really cold and quite dark. It was around 7:00pm. All day we had just lazed around. We kept our hands stuffed in our pockets as we walked beside each other.

"Jack, do you think there looking for us?" (Y/N) asked out of the blue.

"Honestly Sarah...I hope not." I replied.

"I don't know why you did this, Sean." She whispered turning to look at me.

"Did what?" I asked confused.

"Stayed with me." She smiled.

"What? You thought I was gonna let you do this on your own? No way, we do everything together, that's just the rules." I smiled.

"The rules of what?" She giggled.

"Friendship." I replied.

"Oh yeah, totally." She said sarcastically.

We eventually arrived at the amusements. It looked cool. Its was crowded, with lights everywhere and screams coming from all directions. It had a happy atmosphere around it.

(Y/N) grabbed on to my Jacket and pulled me to serval different rides. After about an hour of being thrown around through the air in all directions, I puked.

"I'm s-sorry, (Y/N). I can't do anymore." I told her, with the taste of vomit still in my mouth.

"Aw come on, one more? A slow one?" She begged with a smile. Her beautiful smile won me over. Sometimes, I just want to tell her how I feel right there and then, but I can't. It would ruin our friendship. She took my hand and dragged me over to another ride. As we waited in line, I saw something that nearly made me sick again.

It was him.