13-What if?

(Small trigger warning)

Your P.O.V

I walked into the house, the stink of smoke and alcohol filled my nostrils. He was home.

"(Y/N)!? Is that you?!" His drunken voice boomed.

"Yeah, Dad, its me.." I gulped. I threw my school bag on the ground knowing what I was in for.

"WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU HOME SO LATE?" He roared, meeting me in the hallway, a brown bottle in his hand

"I..I-I-" I stuttered

"I-I-I," He mocked in a girly voice. "Say it woman!" He shouted, smacking the back of my head.

"I was with Luke." I blurted out.

"Luke?" He said. "And who is this 'Luke'?" He asked placing his bottle down on the cabinet.

"He-He's my boyfriend." I said quickly.

"Boyfriend? And what kind of retard is he? Is he blind? Does he know he's going out with a ugly looking dog?"

"He's not a retard." I answered back. I shouldn't of did that.

The rest was a blur, and I'm glad it is. From what I remember from that is that I got a black eye and a huge scratch on my arm. All I could remember next was climbing out my bedroom window to go to Sean's house. I climbed in through his window and had what I think was the longest hug of my life. Just me, crying into his chest and him pulling me closer to it. Finally he pulled me away.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked. I shook my head. He sat me down on the bed and looked deep in my eyes.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" He asked again.

"W-well.. Ugh..nevermind.. I-its stupid." I sobbed.

"If it will stop you crying, I'll do anything, (Y/N)." He said lifting my head.

"Can you just...lie with me for a bit? Just until I calm down. I need to feel like I'm actually wanted." I sobbed again.

He smiled. We lay down on his bed with his arm around my shoulders, with me leaning against his shoulder staring up at the ceiling. I thought he'd be uncomfortable with this but he seemed to be enjoying it. I thought it might of been weird for him since we're just friends, but he seemed to like it a little to much for me to be comfortable with, but I think I liked it too. What if I hadn't met Sean? What would my life be like now?

He gave me a talk about how I mean the world to him and I'm his best friend and stuff. It made me feel a little better. He made me laugh for a good bit, telling funny stories. I had completely forgotten about my aching eye. We ended up falling alseep on eachother, but I didn't mind. He made me feel loved.

He always made me feel loved.

I woke up in a cold sweat. around 7pm. I only got a few hours sleep. These dreams were getting more frequent. Well, they weren't dreams, they're memories.  I looked over to Sean's bed to see it empty. I started to panic. What if he did something stupid? I jumped out of bed and ran over to his. Luckily, I found a note.

"Needed some time alone. Meet back here a nine." The note read.

The worry was still there of where could he be, but I trusted Sean. Maybe we needed some time apart? But what if he got himself in trouble? I fixed up my hair threw on a coat and packed my bag. I threw it on my shoulder and headed into the middle of the town.

I had to go look for him. God knows what might of happened to him. I felt the panic rise up in my throat again.

What if he's lost?
What if something happened to him?
What if he left me?

What if..
What if...
What if....