All Alone

*Josh's POV*

It was all too much for me to handle. I was curled up and rocking back and forth, tears running down my face. I just couldn't deal with it anymore. I didn't even want to look up but I heard someone stand up and footsteps coming close to me.

"I wonder how much these 'sessions' are of any help to you now."

Dr. Hill. I instantly recognized the voice but I still refused to look up. I was so wrapped up in this cold sense of fear and insanity.

"You just won't listen to me and things seem pretty..."

I heard a screech but I was too caught up in my darkest insanity to even think about looking up.

"Fucked up," Dr. Hill continued.

I continued to keep my head down and rocked back and forth, tormented by my state of mind. I didn't want this at all. I really didn't! Why was this happening to me?

"So - I'm going to leave you now, Josh. It's time you learned there is more to be afraid of than can be dreamt up by an unhinged imagination of a self-indulgent spoiled little brat! You had so many people who cared about you who were willing to help but at every turn you choose to push them away... And now you're all alone. Though by the sounds of things you won't be alone for long. No, you won't be alone for long. Deep breaths, Josh. Deep breaths."

----------

I woke up, cold and alone. My entire body was aching, fear and pain shook all over me.

I tried to regain my bearings but realized that the one person I was with earlier was gone. Where was Imigie? Oh shit! I hope she was okay.

"Freres Jacques," I heard voices singing. "Freres Jacques."

This couldn't be! Not Hannah and Beth! They were dead! How could this be possible?

"No," I cried, shivering at what I was hearing.

"Dormez vous? Domez vous? Sonnez les matines! Sonnez les matines. Ding dang dong. Ding dang dong."

I backed away from their voices, not wanting to believe what I was hearing was real. Was it real anymore?

"No, not again," I shuddered.

I continued to back away then I stood up on my feet, unsure what was going to happen.

I suddenly heard their laughs. It wasn't laughing over anything humorous. Were they taunting me? Oh no! I hope they don't do this to Imigie too.

"Get away from me!" I shouted, rubbing my temples.

Their laughs continued to ring in my head, causing me to lose it even more.

"No you're dead!" I shouted, shaking my head.

This couldn't be real at all. It couldn't be. I was just stuck in this cruel insanity, still not believing what I was hearing.

"You can't change what happened last year," a new voice said.

Dr. Hill.

"Shut up!" I yelled.

More voices could be heard. All happening in my head.

"We miss you Josh." Hannah.

"The past is beyond our control." Dr. Hill.

"Come with us Josh." Beth.

"You're a coward." Chris

"You're a goddamn murderer." Mike.