Chapter 16 (forward 2 years)

(Oli should be about 15 now. Same with Jeff.)

It's been two entire years since I last saw Jeff. His face still haunts me. He ripped my family away from me. But, Jeff ruined something that would never be fixed again. My trust. I had put complete faith in Jeff that he wouldn't hurt my family. And I actually believed it would happen. That was my big mistake.

My Mom and Max were dead. And it was my fault. A murderer could never love. He never would either. He was hopeless. I had no faith in him. Not a single bit. But, I don't have faith in anybody now. Not even Ben. He tried to talk to me after I got sent to the orphanage. But, I ignored him. Eventually he gave up on trying, and hung out with Alison and Brittney. I couldn't blame him. In fact, I'm still here in the orphanage. Even after two years. And, I'm alone. Kyle was gone. He had gotten adopted by a nice elderly couple. And I doubt I'd ever see him again. It was a quick goodbye. I held him in my arms, his eyes overflowing with tears. Kyle would get over it. I'm sure.

I still had to go to school, as it's the law. But, my grades are pretty low nowadays. I was a pretty decent student, and now I'm at the bottom. Skipping class, might have something to do with it, I admit. All the times I skip class, it's not like I'm not being productive. Running track is something I still do. It may hurt, but now I'm an even faster runner. And I owe it all to that simple mistake.

I slammed the door of the abandoned building I liked to hide out in open. No one came here, except for me as far as I knew. I like it that way. After running around the isolated building twenty-five times, I deserved a break. A small one, that is. A shuffling noise made me sit a bit straighter. "Who's there?" I asked with a firm confidence as if nothing could hurt me. I scowled in annoyance, as I realized, it was probably just a mouse or rat. I laid down on the floor of the abandoned floor and sighed. It was time to go back to my running, perhaps.

(SHIT. I'M *SO* SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE. I'M IN ANOTHER CONTINENT AT THE MOMENT. I'LL TRY NOT TO FORGET TO UPDATE IT AGAIN. -Kiwi)