Chapter 14

Jeff glared at me, and jumped out the window. I, on the other hand, ran to the door, and slammed it open. I grabbed Ben's hand and yanked him inside. Surprisingly, Kyle hadn't woken up with all this noise. We, and by that I mean, I , dragged Ben all the way over to Mom's room that Kyle and I were sleeping in. 

"Oli, what happened?" Ben looked at me really worried. I burst out crying again, with Ben trying to tell me comforting words to calm me down. When he realized it wasn't working, he sighed loudly, and pulled me into an embrace. I think shock overcame my sadness in that brief amount of time. "There. Now talk to me this time." Ben was being pretty serious right now. Usually, he was in a pretty playful mood. "Alright. You know Jeff The Killer?" Ben looked at me surprised, but he nodded anyways. "A couple days ago, I ran into him at an alleyway. I got away, thanks to the police that came by. Then, later, I saw him in the kitchen. And we started talking. He was being really nice, so I started to trust him a bit." 

Ben hugged me a bit tighter. "Did you know about the fight I got into with Alison?" Ben nodded again. "Well, when I got home. I found out that Mom and Max. Had been. Murdered. By Jeff." Ben's gasped quietly in surprise. " He also came back. To kill me. But you came just before he was going to." The waterworks started again, as Ben sat there silently thinking over what had happened. "What are they going to do? You don't have any other family." Ben didn't know about my dad, of course. He didn't need to know anyways. So, I continued. "I'm going to be sent to an orphanage soon, obviously."

 Ben looked like he might cry. "I don't want you to leave yet, Oli. We just met. And I really like you." Wait. Did I hear that right? Ben. The popular new kid. Liking me? Maybe I misheard. I do that sometimes. I looked up at Ben, and asked. "Did I hear you right? Ben, one of the new popular kids, liking me? And if I did hear right, why? Do you like, like me? Is thi-" My questions were interrupted by Ben. "Yes. You heard me right. Yes. Because you're an amazing person. And yes again." Well. I think that answered quite a bit of my questions then.

"Ben. I have to go to an orphanage. I'll probably get adopted. And I'll probably be separated from Kyle." My eyes started to water again as I looked at the sleeping figure of Kyle. I didn't want to be separated from Kyle. "I'll talk to my parents about it then." Wait. What? 

I'm pretty sure I had a stupid look on my face, as Ben started to laugh really hard. I crossed my arms, and pushed Ben off the bed. He started to roll around on the floor laughing. God. He was stupid sometimes. He sat up on the floor, brushing his hair out of his face, smiling. He reminded me a lot of Kyle. 

"Oli, why are you being so loud?" Kyle sat up and yawned lazily. I giggled, and hugged Kyle. "Kyle, this is Ben. The idiot on the floor. Ben, this is Kyle." Kyle grinned. Ben, looked offended at what I said. I snickered, and held my hand out for Ben. He grabbed it. As I was pulling him up, I let go halfway, and he fell on the floor again. Ben glared at me as I chuckled. "Don't act like you didn't expect it, Ben." He stuck his tongue out at me mockingly. "I'm pretty sure I expected that out of you Oli. I was just stupid, and actually thought you'd be nice for a change." Pfft. When was I ever not teasing Ben? 

We sat on the bed, and joked around all night. It was a nice change from being sad all the time. I'm glad Ben transferred to my school. I felt a lot better now. I was happy for a slim amount of time. And that was all that mattered right now.