Chapter 7

"Alright Ben, I would like you to sit next to Olivia. Please raise your hand, Olivia." Ugh. The teacher already placed me with the new kid. Yay! Sarcasm. All the girls will be mad at me for a while. Thanks Teacher! Just couldn't put him next to Brittney couldn't you? Sarcasm again. I raised my hand lazily, and Ben walked up the aisle to the empty seat next to me. "Hi. I'm Ben, as you already know, I guess. Your name's Olivia right?" I nodded lazily. "Wake me up when class ends, Ben. I want to get some sleep while I still can." He shrugged and I laid my head on the desk, pulling my hoodie up to hide my 'sleeping beauty' face. Then, I slowly drifted off to sleep.

I felt a disturbance in the force. Or, someone was poking me. I lifted up my head to realize class had ended. "Thank you for waking me up, I guess. " I yawned and realized who had woken me up. "You're welcome, 'Little Ms. Emo'." I could feel the hatred rolling off her tongue like an old dagger. Sharp, yet painfully dull at the same time. I glared at Alison and her group, and jumped over the table to escape from the she-devils quickly. "Whoops! Look at the time. Gotta fly! Or I might be late for class!" I sprinted out the door, and ran as fast as I possibly could to get away from them. I wasn't worried. Either they were going to run, and their makeup would too, or I was too fast for them to keep up. I raced inside the locker room, speedily put in my combination, and threw everything in. I slammed the locker closed, and dashed into the gym, right when the bell rang for PE. I AM VICTORIOUS! I jumped up and down at my usual 'just barely made it' routine as usual.

"Okay Class, today we're going to be stretching a bit, then running five laps around the track." The class groaned. These people were so lazy. I could run those five laps easy. "That's not all, we'll also be playing soccer outside." I heard a couple squeals of joy, and smirked a bit myself. I liked a good game of soccer. "Before we begin, a couple of students have transferred to our class." Oh great. New people. I glanced over at the students, and fell over in surprise. A couple kids looked at me and laughed. I flicked them angrily on the forehead, and went back to my spot. "Say hello to your new classmates. Alison, Brittney, and Ben." I silently raged to the gods for this misfortune, as Alison, and Britney sashayed over to the popular kids. Oh shoot. Her boyfriend was in there. Thank god. He hates bullying, so I was saved again!

Ben walked up to me and asked if he could sit next to me. I curtly nodded, and he awkwardly sat. "So Ben, are you a good runner?" I smirked silently as he shrugged. "I don't know. I haven't ran for awhile, but that doesn't mean I don't exercise, so honestly I have no clue." I snickered a bit as he looked at me in surprising. "Prepare to eat my dust, then!" We both shared a laugh as we went to go stretch.

"On your mark, get set, go!" I took off like a rocket down the track, Ben tailing about a foot behind. I smiled as I ran. Running was one of my strong suits, so I wasn't keen on letting him win so easily. Four more laps. Some of the kids had slowed down, and were just talking to their friends. Alison and Brittney being one of them. Ben and I were running at the same speed as before, but he then ran a bit faster so he was next to me. Three more laps. I think Ben's a pretty decent runner. But, I still was going to beat him. Two more laps. We were the few students left running, as everyone else had given up already. Still showing no signs of slowing down, I sped up, slowly distancing myself from Ben. One more lap. I think I'm going to make it. It's almost there. I'm nearing the end! Done! I felt accomplished, Ben quickly tailing behind me, a close finish.

"Nice job. Didn't think you could keep up." Ben and I shared a laugh. I swear I saw Alison and her groupie glaring at me, but I didn't care right now. Jealous drama queens. I grinned widely as the PE teacher told Ben and I how well we did. Everyone else was still on their third of fourth lap, and we were finished. I turned to Ben, and he looked deep in thought. I poked his face and he looked up at me and giggled. "Whatcha thinking about Blondie?" I smirked. "I was just thinking about how fast you ran." I flicked his forehead, as he flinched at the sudden touch. "Don't think about it too hard. I'll beat you any other day." Now, it was his turn to smirk. "And what if I was holding back?" I burst out laughing. "I'll trip you when you start winning then!" Ben looked surprised at my sudden outburst.

"Okay, now that everyone has finished their five laps, we can begin choosing teams. Since Ben and Olivia finished first, I think they should be team captains." We stood up and walked to the front of the class. "Alright. Rock, paper, scissors, to see who chooses first." I lost, but didn't care anyways. "Alison." I gasped at him in surprise like he had just told me my dad came back. It was that surprising. Alison walked up to Ben, and did her classic 'hair-flip.' She was obviously flirting. And I didn't like it one bit. I wasn't jealous, I think. It was because she had a boyfriend, right?