Their Little People

Cheryl's P.O.V

We rushed back to the house soon as possible. We got back to the house at about 4 am. I instantly ran up to my babies room, to see what was going on. Tony was right behind me. I could hear my baby's crying out. I knew something just wasn't right. "Mommy's coming! Mommy's coming!" I yelled out. I got up there to find Donna with Chirley rocking her, looking very stressed and Tyler rocking Tj. I grabbed Tj and Tony took Chirley. "What happened?" I ask trying to soothe my crying child. "I don't know we had just put them down to sleep and as soon as we sat down Tj started crying so I went to see what was wrong with him, then Chirley started crying so Donna got her. We tried everything. Changing their diapers, trying to give them a bottle, and rocking them." Tyler said. "Well did you do everything like we told you?" Tony asked. "Yeah" Donna said. I could tell she was on the verge of a breakdown, however she had to wait because my babies had to come first right now. "Tony let's go to the hospital to find out what's wrong with them." I said putting my crying Tj in his carseat. "I thinks that's a good idea." Tony said walking over to Chirley's carseat. "Thanks yall" I say walking out the room to the family car trying to keep my cool. I got Tj all settled in then, I got in. Out came Tony with Chirley, they got it all together and we were off. "I really hope it's nothing bad." I say. "Baby as long as we have God on our side they will be fine." Tony said robbing my thigh to soothe me. The rest of the ride was just the twins screaming. We checked in at the ER and the wait was about 25 minutes. I don't know how that is for an Emergency Room, someone could die in that time. We got in the back and in came a nurse to run test. After about 10 minutes of waiting, a doctor came in to tell us what's going on. "Mr. & Mrs. Grant, your twins have ear infections. Which would explain their fussing. So I have prescribed some antibiotics for them." "Well how did they get the ear infection?" I asked. "Most ear infections come from fluid being trapped behind the eardrum. It normally comes along after a cold. Some child just naturally have the buildup and it starts to irritate the eardrum." The doctor answered. "So how long until the twins ate better?" Tony asked. "Give the antibiotics about 2 weeks and they should be fine." The doctor answered. "Anymore questions? " the doctor asked. "No we're good for the moment." Tony said. "Well if you have anymore questions or concerns please let me know." The doctor says existing the room. I turned to Tony as we were getting the twins ready to leave. "I'm just glad it wasn't anything to serious." "How could it be, your doing so good with them." Tony says. "Awwe baby, and so are you." I say giving him a peck on the lips. On the way home I gave Donna and Tyler a call just to let them know that it wasn't anything serious and to calm their nerves. We picked up the twins medicine on the way home and when we got in we gave them a dose. They began to calm down after about 15 minutes. This was the first time that the twins were ever ill so Tony had stayed home with me and the twins for those 2 weeks. They are growing so fast, they were only two and a half months. They were so beautiful. Chirley had my mom's eyes and Tony's nose with a hand full of curling hair. Tj reminded me so much of my brother with his facial expressions and he was the splitting idea of Tony, just so handsome.

 Tj reminded me so much of my brother with his facial expressions and he was the splitting idea of Tony, just so handsome

The pictures that we had taken of them were just gorgeous. The night before Tony was going back to work we were all down in the theater room cuddled up watching a movie. I loved when we all laid like this, I felt like this is all that mattered. We were a beautiful force in the world. My hearts.