I felt myself become empowered by the lyrics that Kellie was singing and I knew that she was right! I couldn't always depend on Jake, yes it will hurt right now but its going to get better! Singing along with the song I felt my lips tilt upwards in a smiling and before I knew I was laughing. The first I laughed in a week, and it felt good.  

--------------------------------------

I felt my alarm beep as it signaled my doom. It was Monday and today was the day that I face Jake and Kelsey. I took a deep breath before I did my daily routine deciding to pick a tank top, pink cardigan, leggings and thigh high boots. Grabbing my backpack and finished homework for last week, I headed out the door, and walked towards the already expanding line for students for the transit bus. Sitting on the bus definitely made me miss riding with Jake in his car to school everyday, I had gotten my learners permit, however I never got my new drivers permit because of school and with my parents gone I can't drive. 

I felt the bus lurch to a stop in front of my school, as I got out I raced towards the entrance of the school hoping not to catch Jake's eye or Kelsey's. Entering the school I felt a sense of relief when I didn't hear his voice, walking to my locker I started grabbing my books readying myself for my first class. 

"Rosa!" I turned my head to see Christy in skin-tight skinny jeans, a blue tank top and football jersey that was probably from her new boyfriend that she told about. I gave her a tiny smile, before walking over to her looking around for a prying Jake, or glaring Kelsey and giving a sigh of relief when the coasts were clear. 

"Hey! What’s up?"

"Nothing much! Lets go to class!" Christy linking her left arm through right arm and dragged me towards the door. I walked in and came face to face with a miserable faced Jake and a smug looking Kelsey sitting right next to him. I saw Jake's head jerk up, meeting my gaze as he stared at me with apologetic and sorrowful eyes. I felt myself unable to draw my gaze away staring deep into his eyes, suddenly a clearing throat brought me back to reality and shaking my head I broke the connection while heading to the back of the classroom. Knowing already, that the classes today were going to be painful and unbearable knowing that Jake isn't mine anymore. 

--------------------

I heard the sound of the lunch bell, and never had a bell been so enlightening and joyful to hear! The last few classes have been heartbreaking to sit through as I watched Kelsey twirl a piece of his hair, or twine their fingers together. I knew Christy was trying to keep me occupied by asking questions about the homework or trying to chat me up but even she knew it wasn't working and that it was killing me to see Jake with another girl. 

Snapping out of my daydreams I looked around to see that everyone had already left to go to lunch,
picking up my stuff, I left the classroom ready to eat something which might help calm my queasy and uncomfortable stomach. Noticing Christy with her swarm of cheerleaders I decided that I didn't want to bother that table, however noticing that every other table was full of people I felt myself feel even more alone with everyone occupied with their own conversations except me. Grabbing my food of the plate I headed outside sat under a large oak tree and started eating my lunch as I watched happy couples eating together or groups of people chatting away. Utterly, completely, undeniably alone, that’s what I felt at this very moment chewing half heartily on a sandwich under a big oak tree by myself. 

Finishing my lunch I went to go find Christy and her cheerleading friends, but entering the cafeteria I found that no one was there. I walked down the hallways searching for where she might possibly be, I was just about to try calling her on my cell when something caught my eye. Jake and Kelsey, whispering together. I could feel my heart clench as I saw Kelsey's arm draped around his waist and his arm around her shoulder. Suddenly, Kelsey kissed him, wrapping her arms around his neck and pushing him up against the lockers. I could feel myself let out a small sob when watching the events unfold, but when Jake's head pulled upwards with his gaze meeting mine I couldn't stop the tears from running down my eyes. I twisted around, running down the endless hallway and clutching my hand against my mouth smothering the cries of pain. 

"ROSA WAIT PLEASE!" I shook my head to desperate voice of Jake ringing through the hallways like a bouncing ball surrounding me, until I couldn't take it anymore. Tumbling into a girls bathroom, I crawled into one of the stalls, brought my knees up towards my chest and cried my heart out into my legs. It was breaking my heart too see Jake happy with someone else, and I didn't know how much longer I could handle this. 

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Another chapter done! Phew :) I hope you guys are enjoying these chapters so far and I really hope you are liking the story:) I really appreciate all the support and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! VOTE COMMENT AND READ:) Love You Guys:) PEACE OUT:)