Chapter Sixteen

-Nearly done, haha. I hope you've enjoyed reading this as much as I've enjoyed writing it. This chapter reveals basically everything, LOL. I hope no one is still confused at the end of this! xD I think you'll all enjoy this chapter, since it's probably the only one that doesn't end with a cliffhanger. Thanks everyone, for everything. Chapter Sixteen, WOOP!-

Chapter Sixteen 

An insect still buzzes desperately in one of the several broken lights overhead, weak from searching for an escape from the blinding, blazing prison. The light flickers violently, randomly, whenever it wants to. It has been doing this for the hours that they have been here.

The old, disused warehouse is the size of a small country, and yet, it seems only two are present inside. The conversation consists of her dominating and him, calm, weak; every single world spoken throughout the several hours they have been here, have been words of spite. He is not afraid. She is now frustrated.

The black, silky material of her dress sweeps the floor; she licks her lips, slowly, the faint remainder of her crimson lipstick now smudged.

              “You drugged me?”

“Exactly.”

His eyes widen in horror. This isn’t the Valerie he used to know... She, whoever she is, is not even close.

“Look at this.” She points to her dark, torn dress, “$900... Down the drain.”

“$900?” He asks, “That’s a little bit much for a ‘Doomsday dress’, don’t you think?”

She mock laughs, shaking her head at the end, “You just don’t get it.”

“What?” He replies, genuinely clueless. In the freezing, wooden chair, he has nearly cleared enough skin to break free of the handcuffs. His hands are in such agonizing pain, that all he can feel is the heat, the slipperiness of the blood, and pure numbness. He’s almost free.

Almost.

              But still his mind comes back to questions with no answers.

What is this all for? Because he’d broken a promise he’d made literally a decade ago? She’s over it, surely. Maybe it was the fact that he’d been unfaithful with her? No, it wasn’t on-going. She should’ve known that it didn’t mean a thing. But it was probably because he’d been the reason that she lost her child...their child.

“To say...” She struggles to finish her sentence, “To say that you hurt me... It’s just not enough. You broke me; that’s how I feel, Cole. Broken.”

“I-I don’t know what you want me to say. ‘Sorry’... it's, just, not enough, but still, it won’t, it can’t change anything.”

              And after ages of silence, a cough.

But her mouth didn’t even move.

“Who's here?” Cole demands.

“No one.” Valerie maintains.

The bell ticked on in the eerie silence: 11:45.

“Come on.” He struggles with his hands... Just a little bit more.