"You guys starting your wedding plans soon?"

"You got any more questions on that list?"

"Yeah, actually a bit." George said sarcastically and laughed.

"We're starting tomorrow." She smiled. "Our first meeting with the wedding planner is tomorrow."

"Aw that's so cute. I'm happy for ya'll. Make it big & extravagant so I can be just as extravagant without being extra." He snapped his fingers and puckered his lips. The conversation was interrupted when Alyssa's phone rang from an incoming call from Sheri.

"Hello?"

"Hey girl, I'm gonna be there a little bit early. Is that cool?"

"Yeah, I'll leave the studio soon."

"Sounds good." Alyssa sighed as she closed her laptop and gathered her things. There were a lot of things racing through her mind. One, her and Sheri haven't been seeing each other / talking to each other much, so she's felt a little distant from her bestfriend. She didn't like the feeling, but they both have been busy in their own ways. Second, she felt a bit upset that her own bestfriend didn't try and talk to her about the whole Shaun thing in the first place. 

That's how disconnected it's been.

Alyssa finds herself a bit nervous for some reason, and she can't figure out why. Things just haven't felt the same between them and she was hoping this could fix it. Maybe they just needed to see each other. Maybe she was overthinking. Who knows.

"Hey!" Sheri said as she sat across from Alyssa. "Wassup girl? Where are the twins?"

"With ma. I've just been working at the studio with George."

"George is back?!"

"Yeah he's been! But he's at the studio doing some other things."

"Oh okay." Sheri said as she eyed the menu and ordered her food quickly. "So what's new? How's Steph?"

"He's good. The twins are good. We have our first meeting with the wedding planner tomorrow." Alyssa smiled, but she was hoping this would give Sheri leverage to tell her about Shaun. 

"Oh my god, yes! How exciting! Are you excited or is that just me?" Alyssa chuckled.

"I am, but it is gonna be stressful. I can already see it."

"It'll be worth it though. You'll be getting a brand new last name. How cute." The two chuckled before it quickly turned to silence. Since it wasn't too busy at the cafe, the food came rather quickly, adding more silence to the atmosphere as the two dug into their food. No matter how long she could wait, Alyssa knew Sheri wasn't going to bring it up. She knew she had to do it first and it sucked that their friendship had gone down this route.

"So.." Sheri arched her eyebrow as Alyssa sat back against her chair. "How are you and Shaun?"

"Good." She smiled from ear to ear before looking back down to pick at her food.

"Anything else new with you two?"

"Mm, I don't know." Sheri shrugged cheerfully.

"Don't lie. I heard about the plans you two have in mind." Alyssa chuckled in attempt to try and lighten up the mood a bit. Sheri slowly nodded and bit onto her bottom lip due to her nervousness. "Are you guys going through with it?"

"I think so." Sheri chuckled.

"I'm glad you're happy." Alyssa softly smiled, but Sheri tilted her head to the side to examine her body language a bit more.

"You don't sound too happy."

"I don't know. I mean, I am happy that you two are happy. I just think you guys should wait."

"I mean, I know it sounds kind of odd and a little to quick, but it feels right." She shrugged.

"Are you sure? Have you guys even taken the time to really get to know each other?"

"Yeah, I feel like we know each other so well. We've gotten to do that over the short amount of time."

"But I mean, enough to see each other as husband and wife this early on?"

"It happens?" She shrugged once more.

"Have you even talked to Klay?"

"Alyssa, what does Klay have to do with anything?"

"Come on, did you really just get over him that quick? Besides everything, he was still really good to you. And you know how he feels about you."

"I can't force myself to feel a certain way about somebody."

"I'm not saying you have to, but you could at least tell him what your plans are so he doesn't feel obligated to keep trying for you."

"I just feel like I don't owe him anything."

"Sheri." Alyssa said sternly, a bit appalled at how she was treating the whole Klay issue. She may be wrong, but she personally felt like Klay needed to know so he wouldn't be dragging himself along this journey any longer.

"Alyssa, I'm not gonna argue with you about it."

"Someone has to tell him."

"That's not going to be you."

"You have to understand where I'm coming from though. At least to some extent?"

"Are you really just that against me and Shaun?" Alyssa scrunched her forehead in confusion. She wasn't sure where that was coming from, but she noticed Sheri getting a bit worked up. So it made her upset as well.

"No one said anything about me being against you and Shaun."

"You're acting like it. That's exactly why you keep throwing Klay in my direction."

"I just thought you respected him enough to tell him."

"You're supposed to be my bestfriend and now it seems like you're taking Klay's side."

"I'm not taking anyone's side!"

"Alyssa, just save it. Really. I really thought you'd be happy for me. I know it may seem too early but I thought you'd understand that I finally feel like I found someone who could take care of me the way I deserved to be taken care of. You used to be my backbone like that."

"I am happy that Shaun is that person for you. But I just feel like you guys need more time. You guys have so much time to get settled like this, why are you rushing?"

"You clearly wouldn't get it." Sheri stood up to get her things together. 

"Whatever Sheri, I didn't think you'd be that defensive about it."

"Mmm, maybe you should talk to Klay about that." Sheri rolled her eyes before storming off. Alyssa didn't expect their conversation to go downhill so quickly and it made her furious. All she wanted to do was get home and be in Stephen's arms.

And cry.

Sheri was the last person she wanted to be on bad terms with.