Part 19: Year Has Ended

A/N: Dear frick frackety god. MY HANDS HURT FROM THE LAST CHAPTER. So much writing and try hardiness. That sounded both dirty and gay. BUT WHO CARES. I am a try hard dank cry baby 10 year old. *dabs away*

(I'm much older than 10... just saying before people actually believe that 0.0)

(y/n)= Your Name

(l/n)= Your Last Name

(e/c)= Eye Color

(h/c)= Hair Color

——— Reader's POV———

" G-grab Shadow's hand (y/n)!" Salem yelled to you smiling, a pity smile. " Just... grab his hand... please."

You did as Salem said, what else could you do? He was practically begging you to save his rival. So you reached your hand down to Shadow. " Hurry Shadow! Before you fall!" You cried out to him, just as he jumped up to your hand, grabbing it. Using all your anime weeb strength, mostly pretending Shadow was your favorite anime character so you'd get the adrenaline boost you probably wouldn't have gotten without it, you managed to pull him up.

Of course once you made sure he was safe you went to quickly grab for the blonde. Yet, you were too late, he was already slipping down. He even tried to push himself up to grab your hand, but his finger tip merely brushed past yours as he grew farther and farther away.

" SALEM!!!!!" You screamed trying to jump after him only to be grabbed by Shadow.

" (y/n) it's too late! He's gone!" Shadow tried telling you but you still tried breaking free from Shadow's grip.

" No! No! No!.....no....no...." You turned to face Shadow and wrapped your arms around his neck hugging him, crying into a shoulder.

" I guess.... Salem's soul was not all empty.... he really cared for you...." Shadow whispered.

" I.... I could have healed his evil.... I could have gotten him help...." You whispered with a whimper.

" Telling anyone about Salem... they would of had him locked up. But it could have been for the best." Shadow picked you up wrapping your feet around his waist and carried you to the car. " I'm sorry (y/n)...." He whispered kissing your forehead.

" I'm so so sorry..."

-

-

The two knights of good and evil clashed their swords, swiping at any chance they got to stab each other. The fair lady standing off to the side, pleading for her knight to stop.

The red knight kicked the blue onto the ground and leaped into the air, aiming to stab his chest. The blue knight rolled out of the way and shoulder bashed the other one.

Their fight dragged out for a hour. The red stood before the two beaten up. His helmet gone now revealing his bruised face, black eye, and cut up chin. The blue knight stood in front of the fair lady protectively, panting heavily as some of his armor from his shoulder fell off. His arm cut up and bruised as well.

" I'll die before I let you take her." The blue growled. " She belongs to me and not a monster like you!"

" I'm not a monster!" The red screamed back, slashing at him again.

" You are a monster! All you do is harm everyone you meet..." He blocked his attack.

" STOP CALLING ME THAT!" He screeched, charging at him once more, this act of careless violence got the red knight's sword knocked out of his hands.