Part 9: Let The Game begin

A/N: Hello my little muffins! Hope you enjoy this chapter and check out my other stories!

(y/n)= Your Name

(l/n)= Your Last Name

(e/c)= Eye Color

(h/c)= Hair Color

——— Reader's POV———

You've never felt such nervousness. Such sadness. This wasn't you. You felt so vulnerable to anything. The fact your mother was kidnapped, AND COULD EVEN BE DEAD, has made you so depressed. Sadness and fear, fear of being next. If something happened to your sweet innocent outgoing mother, you could be next.

" (Y/n), I think we are done for the day. My men are already on the look out for your mother so don't worry. Are you sure you're okay sleeping on your own, alone in your house tonight?" The police officers asked you softly, trying to meet you blank (e/c) orbed gaze.

" My neighbor Shadow said I could stay over at his house tonight with his family." You said with the most simple tone. Gripping the edges of your pants while trying to keep yourself from shaking. Trying to stay calm.

" Hey kid, listen..." The man put his hand on your shoulder which you pulled away from, coldly. He sighed and took a step away from you. " We will find your mother no matter what the cost is. So don't worry." He ruffled your hair, trying to get a smile on your young face. " Let's get you home." He lead you to the front door where Shadow's mother stood patiently, waiting for you.

" Hello (y/n) dear! Are you ready to go?" She asked, trying to keep a happy smile on her face to kill the depressing mood. Normal Shadow's mother, she's just like the older version of you. Trying to put a smile on everyone.

" Y-yeah..." You stuttered out leaving the police station with her.

—————

Shadow looked into the night sky as he stood outside with his hands in his coat pockets sighing as the cold cloud of breath escaped his mouth disappearing not seconds after. Puff after puff as he breathed heavily, keeping a glare at the sky. Yet his head snapped around at the sound of light footsteps approaching from behind.

" Nice night for stargazing, am I right?" Salem smile softly, staring up. " My caretakers would sit outside at night when it was clear and just count the stars. It was a pinpoint of my childhood." His blonde hair blew with the wind as he sighed. " Yet sadly, it's too chilly for one to simply stand out here all night. You should really get inside where it's warm."

" I know you're the one who kidnapped (y/n)'s mother... But that's not all I know. I know you've done dark things before. What the hell are you? Mass murder sprees? You're a monster." Shadow growled glaring daggers at the blonde as he did the same back. Pissed

" I deleted all of that, so no one will believe you. All they know is I'm a perfect young student with college ranked intelligence." Salam smirked, yet clearly hiding a hit of sadness for some reason. But why?

" Why are you doing this!? You're hurting (y/n)! You think this is helping anyone!? Why did you take her mother!?" Shadow was about to choke Salem until he whipped out a knife pointing it at Shadow's chest.

" I needed to find out a few things okay!? I wanna find those who have hurt her in the past and make my revenge not them! Anyone who hurts someone as innocent and kind as (Y/n) deserves to die!" A tear actually dripped down Salem's cheek as he screamed. " I DON'T WANT TO LOSE ANYONE I FIND TO CARE ABOUT TO BE HURT!"

Shadow took a step back, still glaring down at Salem.

" I'll kill anyone who hurts my true love. My love at first sight. I don't care who I have to take out to make sure she's happy... and I end up with her." Salam laughed softly, trying to brush away the tears like it was nothing while staring up into the star covered sky. " And you Shadow..." He glared happily at the taller male. " I will kill you last, let you die watching me hold her in my arms...."

" You can't kidnap her mother. Please your killing her on the inside! Remember Christmas? How much her mother means to her? I will not tell anyone if you release her mother safely okay?!" Shadow for the first time ever was pleading. He must care so much to save your own mother. " I may not show it but I really care about (y/n)! She's my best friend! Don't take away the thing that make her, her. Her family."

" You love her that much...?" Salam said softly as his red eyes widen in surprise. His knife lowering. "....Hmph." He kicked Shadow in the chest which made the tall male fall onto his side on the cold grass. " I will enjoy killing you slowly.... And I'll make sure she never knows."

" How about if you win her heart, I'll let you kill me!" Shadow spat, having so much faith in his words.

" Will see about that. You will find Mis (l/n) in a shed in the forest to the north, don't tell anyone what just happened here tonight. You got it? I left her unharmed. I couldn't even bring myself to touch her.... She reminded me too much of my own mother like figure who raised me... she reminded me of a close friend..." Salam whispered to himself, tossing the key at Shadow. " Remember, a single word and I'll kill EVERYONE you know and love. And take her away from you forcefully."

" I'd like to see you try." Shadow caught the keys with one hand and got off the ground, walking in the opposite direction, luckily he couldn't hear Salem as he mumbled to himself in the distance.

" I am a monster. What am I even thinking!? My friends would be disappointed in me..."

———A Week Later———

They found mother finally, locked up in a strange shed. They asked her if she knew how she got there, she said she was knocked out and just appeared there. The person who kidnapped her wore a cat mask that covered his eyes and nose and had a black hood. She couldn't recognize him at all. But she was sure it was a male.

You stayed in your house all day with your mother still a little shaken about the fact that your mother was kidnapped! You stayed in your bedroom doodling away as your mother made dinner down stairs, but everything slowly became less tense and closer to normal.

Yet,

Everything was slow.

Everything was quite.

Everything was fearful.

Something is wrong.

----------------------------------------------------------

///Edited on 3/31/17///