|Prologue|

• Dedicated to Sarah Ahmed

Author's Note: Hey Guys! Well, this is the first story I've ever written. It's a One Direction Fan fiction, however, the story completely revolves around my main characters and my main characters only. Feel free to ask me questions! Please give me feedback, as well. :D Now, off to the story! :)

~ HG xx

|Prologue|

The name is Isabella Martin. I am a seventeen-year-old with no brothers. Instead, I live with one annoying sister, Maya. My sister is only six, but she's one pretty good actor. She's a sweetheart in front of people, but a devil dealing with me.

My father, Martin Edwards, isn't that close to me due to his constant travelling. I barely see him, and it's truly heartbreaking. When I was a kid, he used to take me out to the fair or to the park near my house where we spent quality time together. We never do anything of that sort anymore and it plants an itching feeling of longing in me. I miss his questions of how my school day was. I miss the times when we used to sing all sorts of songs, together. I miss when he complimented my voice, making me blush like an idiot. I miss Daddy terribly.

Mom, Anne Young, is a Doctor at a hospital a few miles away from home. She works twelve hours straight, a day. However, even though she isn't always home either; I'm closer to her than I am to Dad.

I'm a normal high school student, and by normal, I mean that I hate going to the hellhole, sitting down, and listening to a person blabbering for hours about something that doesn't at all amuse me. However, to be completely honest, even though I despise the place, I really care about my education and I love learning new things. Just not that way, though. Not in . . . school.

The fact that school is the most boring place on earth isn't the only reason I dislike it, but it's also the people who go there that are intolerable. Especially the bullies. Oh God. Our school is flooded with bullies. Ones who "compliment" your appearance. Others who totally "adore" your personality and would do "anything" to show it to you in the "sweetest" way. Moreover, others who find being "wonderful" their nature. If there's anything actually interesting I've learned- or maybe discovered- about our school, it's that the people who go there are extremely rare species.

I'm being serious.

I remember this day when I was peacefully walking through the school hallway, until Taylor and Margret, the most popular girls in high school, were my obstacle. Yet again, when were they not?

I tried to ignore their overwhelming presence and made my way towards my locker. However, of course, that's a hard thing to do when you've got buzzing bees always there to annoy you whenever they wish.

Clumsily, I tripped over someone's foot and fell down, my books accompanying me. I picked them up, extremely annoyed. Then, once I looked up, I couldn't be more surprised.

Oh, how much I love the sarcasm dripping out of my mouth.

I rolled my eyes at Taylor and gave her a forced smile that more or less says, 'Go away or else.'

"Sometimes, I honestly don't know whether to laugh at you or pity you," she told me. Immediately then, Margret giggled.

"Ha, ha, ha." I faked a laugh and shoved her out of my way.

"Pathetic!" I heard her shout out, but I chose to ignore.

Head held high, I approached my locker, threw my books right inside, and then locked it once more. I then puffed out a breath of pure stress and exhaustion.

I hate this hellhole.

"Hey, forget about Taylor. You know what she's like," a girl told me in a sweet tone.

"Well, I do know what she's like. But sometimes I just feel like punching her right then and there. She's too much to bare." I gritted my teeth.

"Yeah. I always feel the same, trust me. I'm Jessica, by the way." She slowly pushed her hand forward for me to shake.

"Isabella." I gave her a smile.

That was how I met Jessica Russo, my best friend. The shoulder I cry on and the ear that listens to my endless rambling.

Jessica and I have a lot in common. One of the most important is our endless hope in making our dreams a reality.

You see, I really love singing. It's my one and only passion. It's an escape of mine. So, becoming a successful singer is my dream and I'm willing to cross seven seas just to get there. Similarly, Jessica is a dancer. She is a beast. Jessica dreams of being in a dance crew of her own, on a stage, performing to crazy, wild fans.

So, clearly, Jessica and I have crazy dreams. Dreams that may never even come true. We are aware of the consequences. The good and bad. After all, there is nothing wrong in dreaming. Who knows? Maybe this dream will someday come true. Maybe our days of endless daydreaming and practicing would actually be worth it all. Therefore, it's definitely worth the try.