Chapter 17 (Boyd)

I was just making homework, while dad was looking through different books (probably doing research or something like that), when the alarm set off, Dad install lately. Dad didn't even paid much attention to it, but I was suspicious. The other boys were still in school with mom and Erica would have wrote a text to me before coming back home from their shopping tour.

I sniff the air. It smelled like Alphas and I didn't meant Dad with that. I just jumped up and to the door.

Before Dad was even off the chair he was sitting in, I was thrown against a pillar in the loft. "Boyd!" I heard Dad growl at the Alpha, who had me pinned against the ground now. But Dad never came to get the Alpha off of me. I couldn't move every time I tried to get free the Alpha pressed me against the ground again. When I finally managed to turn my head a little bit, I saw a picture, which would hunt me in my nightmares for months.

A women, an Alpha with long brown hair and dark skin, pushed a pipe through Dad's chest. Dad was on all four, breathing heavily, thick red blood came out of his mouth and chest. The smell was nearly unbearable. I just wanted to help him. He was my Dad I couldn't lose him.

"Derek, Derek, Derek ... Why are you so feisty? I guess you already figured out that we didn't came to this town to fight." I heard the voice of a third Alpha, but I didn't really cared, I just fixed my eyes on dad.

"You want me in your pack. I know. Not gonna happen." I could hear how much pain it caused for Dad to speak this few words. They want Dad? Why didn't he tell us that he knew what they wanted? Did he even told mom?

"Did you know that when an alpha kill his Beta, the Alpha will gain the Beta's power."

This Man was going on like this for like hours. He talked about his old pack and that Dad should kill us all. I really didn't care what that crazy man says. Dad wouldn't kill his pack, it didn't matter how much power he could get from it. He loves us, his pack and he loves mom.

"... In the End you will also kill the others. It was really complicated to find out who is  actually in your pack. I mean you don't just have werewolves in your pack. I was seriously surprised. I heard from packs with humans or other creatures along them. But Derek Hale, a born-werewolf being the Alpha of such a pack. But I wondered even more when I realized who you choose to be part of the pack. There is this Girl, Lydia. She isn't a werewolf, but she isn't human either. I don't know what she is, but I am sure she is helpful in some kind of way. Supernatural beings mostly are. Then there is also the Argent. A Girl trained to hunt werewolves. Someone with such abilities is sure better a friend than an enemy. But what I can't understand is the human boy. Stiles. Mother died when he was young, Father is the sheriff, but there is nothing special about him, nothing helpful. Why would you have him in your pack?" I laughed coldly at the Alpha. "You are so dumb! Stiles isn't unhelpful, he is the most important pack member."

"Then enlighten me little Beta. What is so special about this human." The Alpha turned his head to me, but I turned my head to dad. He whispered one word. "Attack."

In that moment I knew I did a mistake by telling the Alphas that Stiles was important. When they would know what he was, they would know how to get dad to join them. Dad would do everything for mom's and our safety. He even would leave and never come back, when the only other option was to let us get killed.

So for mom's sake I gripped the wrist of the Alpha on top of me and with a flip of his wrist I turned us around so I could hit the Alpha in the face. First the Alpha was surprised, but after a few good hits from me he didn't moved anymore. Then I stood up to help dad with the other two.

But the female Alpha was already on the ground groaning in pain and the other one, the one who talked so much, I guess the leader Deucalion, had blood all over his face and just stood up again. Dad on the other hand looked like a real Alpha, tall and scary, his face transformed to his werewolf face, the pipe, which was in his chest a few minutes ago, was now in his hand. And I never saw Dad this angry.

"You will now leave my home and when you touch my pack again. We will kill every single one of you." Dad said and they did what he said. The women carried out the Alpha I punched into unconsciousness.

When all three were gone I rushed to Dad's side. "I'm sorry I was so dumb and nearly gave away what mom is. But dad are you ok?" I said and motioned at Dad's chest, which seemed completely healed. So Dad just nod. "Boyd, I don't want you to tell anybody that I got hurt. It is healed by now, so nobody needs to worry. But you know they will overreact, when you tell them. I don't want them to worry about nothing. So please get a mop, while I wash the blood off." I nodded after what Dad said. I didn't like it to hide stuff from mom, but he would just worry about nothing. When I turned around an arm hold me back. I turned around and saw Dad's worried face. "This Alpha didn't hurt, did he?" "I'm fine, dad." I replied.

Twenty minutes later the girls came back from their shopping trip and a short while after that mom and the rest of the pack arrived with paper bags full of food from the Grocery Store.

When mom announced he would make homemade hamburgers I knew we would put the whole "telling the others from mine and dad's meeting with the Alpha Pack" somewhen after dinner.