-43-

josh's pov
It was around 2 am and i woke up because of a nightmare. The nightmare involved losing Tyler. When I woke up I realized it wasn't just a dream and that it was now a reality. So I cried. I had been crying for a little over an hour and I couldn't stop.

I missed Tyler so much. But no one would know that except Brendon and he hardly even remembers Tyler.

I picked up my phone and pulled up our texts. I had been sending him little updates of life during his coma but I don't think he'll ever get them. I guess I can send a final update. Tonight I have to quit Tyler, I can't keep loving someone who doesn't even remember loving me.

Tyler's pov
A loud and obnoxious ping woke me up from my comfortable sleep. Why would I ever set this tone for something? I guess I'd only add it if it was important but I don't think there was anything important I would use it for. I don't know though, the doctor did say I forgot the past 3 months.

I picked up my phone and saw that I had a text from Josh. Who's Josh? I don't remember a Josh, Jenna filled me in and said that all I did was spend time with her and that we were deeply in love. So where does Josh come in?

I opened the text in confusion and tried to make sense of it but I was completely lost. There were about 10 more that I hadn't replied to as well. maybe I can figure this out if I read the earlier unread ones first.

josh: im so sorry

josh: i cant believe i put you in a coma

josh: its all my fault

josh: i shouldnt have been drinking i shouldnt have made you go to that party i shouldnt have been such a dick

josh: i hope you wake up soon, i cant handle being without you

josh: i miss you so much im so sorry

josh: i love you

josh: it hurts to see you with jenna, especially knowing what she did to you and knowing that you dont remember

josh: i just want you to be happy and if that means im not in your life then ill have to deal with it

josh: bye stranger