-11-

Tyler's POV
The familiar skype tone echoed through my dark and quiet bedroom. My body was shaking because I was so nervous. My internet was really sucky so it was taking a while which didn't help calm me at all.

He's going to laugh when he sees you. Then he's going to hang up and never talk to you ever again. You already messed up what small friendship you had going.

I shook my head to rid myself of my thoughts and grabbed my notebook. Back when my family could afford a therapist, my therapist said that whenever these thoughts invade my mind, I should write or draw in it. I'm not a very good artist so I just wrote my thoughts out.

I flipped through the pages of my notebook and sighed. Skype was taking forever so I guess I can examine my past works. I landed on a page dotted with warped blue lines from my tears. I'm so emotional ew. This one was called Truce and it was one of my favorites. I started absentmindedly singing it to calm me down.

The skype tone stopped and my screen grew bright as I looked up in alarm at the beautiful red haired boy pictured in the screen.

I quickly closed my notebook and wiped at the tears that had starting falling. Dammit Tyler get yourself together.

"Um hi," I choked out, zipping up my hoodie.

"Hey Tyler," he greeted with a warm voice, a smile instantly covering his face.

"Sorry i look like shit," I muttered.

"I think you look fine, why is your room so dark?"

"I uh like it this way," I explained. I looked around the screen at Josh's room like a creepo and saw white holiday lights draped above his bed on his bright green walls.

"Oh, that's cool i guess," Josh said, shrugging. "You still doing 'fine'?" He asked, making air quotes at the word fine.

"Im so very far from fine," I sighed.