-41-

My phone started to ring and I threw it on the ground in annoyance. It had been a whole week since I last saw Tyler and it was killing me.

I decided the best way to ignore my guilt was to sleep. So I did. I slept a lot these days and I hardly went on my phone. There wasn't much for me on there. My life was so pathetic.

~

It's been three days since I got that phone call and today I decided to be productive and finally check the voice mail.

"Mr. Dun, this is Dr. Diamandis from Hopefield Hospital calling. Tyler has woken up from his coma and you can come visit him any day from 12:00 to 6:00. Thank you."

My heart stopped. Tyler was awake, I could finally see him. I checked the clock, it was 4:18. I threw on a hoodie and sprayed myself with sixty layers of deodorant.

I ran out of the house and got into my car, I was overjoyed with the idea of seeing Tyler again. But my happiness soon faded after realizing that I had originally ignored the call and that I wasn't there when he woke up. I'm such a screw up.

I got to the hospital and went straight to his room, knocking lightly before opening the door.

I was smiling as I walked in but my smile immediately turned into a frown when I saw Jenna sitting with Tyler. Dr. Diamandis approached me and led me to the corner of the room to talk in private.

"Why is she here," I spat, frustrated that Tyler wanted her instead of me.

"Well, Tyler has some slight memory loss and is suffering from amnesia," she explained, biting her lip nervously. "I'm not sure if he remembers you at all or when he'll get his memory back but the best way to speed up his recovery is reminding him of things that have already happened to try and trigger his memories to come back."

"So he thinks him and Jenna are still dating," I asked, hoping I heard her wrong. She just nodded and sighed.

"I'm sorry but maybe Jenna's good for him," she suggested. At that, I was absolutely done. She cheated on him! More than once! She was terrible for him. I stormed out of the room and went back to my car.

I can't keep holding onto Tyler if he's already let go of me. I need to move on. This is all bullshit and I can't live like this.