Chapter 15 (Derek)

It was night when Stiles finally woke up. I was instantly by his side to hold his hand. "Stiles? Are you ok?" Stiles eyes fluttered open and he showed me a light smile. He nodded, so I smiled back. I know he was still in pain. Even with the pack around him, he didn't heal as good as he should. He was my Mate he wasn't supposed to get hurt in the first place. He was just supposed to be there for the pup's and for me. We were supposed to live a happy simple life, but I know I would never get something like that. Of course I would still try to get such a life for the sake of the boy in front of me. Because he deserved such a life and I want to be able to offer him that one day.

"Derek ..." he mumbled and I was completely at his side again. "Don't talk if it hurt." I say and start to stroke his hair. "It's ok, just ... I need to tell you: you were right. It was the alpha pack. Their leader is called Deucalion."

"Erica already told us that they were Alphas." I cut in, hoping he would calm down a bit. "Don't worry I will make them pay for this." I kissed his forehead. No one can touch my Stiles and just get away with it.

"No, Derek. What if that's what they want. The last thing we should do right now is to rush into a war against an enemy we know almost nothing about. Promise me to stay quiet. You and the pup's need to keep your head down." I saw in his beautiful whiskey coloured eyes and know I would probably give in to him. He was desperate. Damn, I just should do what he says. After all he was right. "I promise." I say and he calmed down. "Thanks, Wolfy." He smiled at me and I smiled back.

"I promise, too." I heard the voices of seven different teenagers behind me. "Thanks, pup's" Stiles said to them and was shortly after buried under a puppy pile.

"You should bring Stiles back to the loft. Maybe he heal better in a place that is strongly connected to the pack." Deaton told me and I nod. "Pup's!" I barked and the teenagers all let go of Stiles and looked up at me, respectful and maybe even a bit scared. "I want everyone to get their car or bike. Boyd you get Stiles' Jeep and drive it back to the animal clinic to pick up Lydia, Allison, Stiles and me. The others drive to my loft, after they picked up their car or bike from school and you walk together to the school. Nobody gets left behind. You stay together as long as possible. Do you understand?" I see the heads of the pup's nod and then they start to move. "But what is with me and Isaac?" Erica asked. "You two go to the loft. Order something nice, look for blankets, decide for a movie something like that, but more important make sure there is enough space so we all can cuddle with Stiles without squeezing him to death." After I gave these instructions Erica and Isaac began to smile brightly and nearly run out of the door. I shook my head over their behaviour even if it was damn cute, what I would never admit to them.

When I turned around I realize that the pack was gone just Stiles, Allison and Lydia were here. Allison played with Stiles hair and Lydia had her head beside Stiles the three talked quietly. I think Stiles want to cheer the girls up or make them think about something different, because I heard him say something about a school teacher and the girls both chuckled a bit.

"Now it is a bit quieter. I think I should tell you what I found out so far. About Mates." Deaton said. I took a chair and placed it next to Stiles so I could listen and hold Stiles' hand. When I sat, Stiles nodded at Deaton signaling that he could start.

"First I need to say it was hard to find anything, because even in the supernatural world no one knows anything certain about Alpha Mates. There are many wrong information, but I think I found a few useful one's. For one when you complete the bonding or 'wedding' you will get a strong emotional bond. A few sources said you will get this bond after the first full moon after you completed the marriage. I'm not sure if that is right. Also I didn't found much about the tasks who needed to get accomplished to complete the bond. But one of the tasks seemed to be the mutual confession or knowledge of love. Another was really hard to understand but I think it meant that you need to save each other, emotionally and physically. The last task I could find was the physically bond. I would say it means sex. But I'm sorry I can't tell you about every task or which you yet need to accomplish to get married."

"That isn't necessary. Derek and I are already married. I also would say that we accomplished all of the tasks you mentioned. Or what do you think, hon?" Stiles interrupted Deaton and then looked at me.

I let my mind wander. Sex was definitely a task. Right after our first time I noticed the accomplished triskelion. Now that I thought about it Stiles tattoo became nearly completed after I explained that I loved him and I stated that he loved me back. And when I thought about everything that happened since I became an Alpha ... Stiles definitely saved my life in every way possible.

I nod to show that Stiles was right and I looked again in this big beautiful brown eyes, which belonged to this astonishing man I would never be tired to love.

"You did it?" Lydia giggled with Allison and I rolled my eyes at our pup's.

"However ..." Deaton raised his voice a little bit, but Lydia mouthed in Stiles direction. I think her lips formed the words. 'I want every detail' I rolled my eyes again.

"So I also found out that Alpha Mate is just one Name. There are many different names for what Stiles is. Alpha is also just one of many names. But under all the different names I found one, that may answer your question about how this would affect the pack. One common name for an Alpha's Mate was 'Pack Mother', a term used for male and female. Therefore another name for the Alpha is 'Pack Father' also a term for female and male."

I see Lydia and Allison suppressing a laugh. "I'm sorry, but that is everything I could find out in this short time. At least these are the things I found, which aren't total rubbish. I still will try to find out more." Deaton promised. Stiles and I thanked him.

Half an hour later I was snuggled in a blanket Stiles on top of me and the pack around us.

Erica and Isaac found out that I had a sleeping couch upstairs. So they thought the most logical thing to do was to carry the thing down so we could all cuddle up on it. I was sure Isaac had broke his arm while this maneuver, even if everything was healed when I came home with other three pup's and Stiles in my arms. Stiles wanted to walk, but I didn't let him. We told the others what Deaton had told us, it wasn't much, but still it felt good to know at least something.

After another half hour the movie was still on, but Stiles was asleep, like half of the pack. Stiles breath was more even than it was half of the day and it seemed like his bones healed. Also for the pup's was this a really exhausting day and not just for them and Stiles. With the thought of Stiles being ok, save and sound in my arms and our pup's around us, I finally fall asleep.

And I will seriously install an alarm device, now. Just in case - I didn't want to risk anything with an Alpha Pack on the loose. I just want the best for my husband and my pup's.