Chapter 10

Riley's POV

He says, "Oh, baby girl, you know we're gonna be legends
I'm the king and you're the queen and we will stumble through heaven
If there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes
I know you wanna go to heaven but you're human tonight"

And I've been sitting at the bottom of a swimming pool
For a while now, drowning my thoughts out with sounds

But do you feel like a young God?
You know the two of us are just young gods
And we'll be flying through the streets with the people underneath
And they're running, running, running
But do you feel like a young God?
You know the two of us are just young gods
And we'll be flying through the streets with the people underneath
And they're running, running, running again

(And we'll be running, running, running again)
(And we'll be running, running, running)

He says "Oh, baby girl, don't get cut on my edges
I'm the king of everything and oh, my tongue is a weapon
There's a light in the crack that's separating your thighs
And if you wanna go to heaven you should f**k me tonight"

There's something wrong with Lucas.

The honeymoon was nympholeptic paradise. Polaroid photos were scattered all over our tiny New York City apartment. We bathed in the sun, and explored the emerald mazes.

When we came home, Lucas walked out to buy chocolate and didn't come back until 2am. He was barely able to stand, and his breath reeked of alcohol.

"Riley!" Lucas' voice shouts, bringing me back to the present. "What are you doing down there?" he chuckles.

I'm drowning in a puddle of my own thoughts. The swimming pool is so tranquil. Blue tendrils calmly encase my body as I drift to the surface.

Lucas and Farkle both laugh as I wriggle out of the pool. My hair hangs by my face like a dead rat, and Lucas entangles his fingers in my mocha locks.

"You're my queen," he whispers in my ear, his libidinous voice sending chills down my spine. A different chill from the ones he used to give me.

"How's it going at the clinic?" Farkle asks, as we recline on the lounge chairs, sipping ice cold chocolate smoothies.

"I've got a new client, she's obsessed with the idea that she's going to go to heaven if she stares at the sun. She thinks the blindness will help her to stumble through heaven and she continuously attempt to jump off buildings."

"No one said psychology was easy."

All of sudden, Farkle groans and quickly contorts his body underneath the lounge chair.

"Oh," I sigh.

Poor Farkle.

We watch helplessly as Smackle darts into the swimming centre, chased by a burly guy with blonde hair messily covering his face. He grabs Smackle's arm, as her mouth perks up, as the boy wraps his arms around her awkwardly.

But I can see it in her eyes.

Ten minutes later, I'm tripping over my own feet, and Smackle bumps into me.

"Hello Riley," she says mechanically.

"How are you Smackle?"

"Does he still love me?" Those words shoot through my heart like a bullet, as Smackle stared at me sadly.

"You know he does," I reply, before hurrying out.

"Riley wait!"

I turn around gingerly. Why can't Smackle see what's waiting for her? Why can't she see what she deserves?

"Don't trust him."

-----------------------------

The sky smiles above us, as we relax on the High Line, and amazing park in the city that is elevated high above the bustle and hustle below.

Without warning, Lucas lifts me up, and I shriek with laughter as he runs across the glass. With the speed of two hunting cheetahs, we dash across the High Line, flying above the people underneath.

"I love you Lucas," I giggle, as he swings me around like a merry-go-round.

I shriek again, and he breathes into my ear. "Save your voice for tonight."

-----------------------------
Hi.

Halsey is 👑

I am legitimately considering adding smut as a private chapter, even though I absolutely hate smut, it's disgusting, but I need YOUR opinions.

BYE

- C xx 14/2/16

The Heart Wants What It WantsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara