Chapter 19

Maya's POV
2nd July

Wednesday

It's 1am. 

I haven't eaten for a week. 

-FLASHBACK-

26th May 2017

"Mr. Hunter, your daughter's heart is barely functioning properly, let alone working well enough to give her the strength to get up and talk."

"She's Maya Hart, she'd talk through anything." 

"Do you understand the seriousness of your daughter's condition?" 

"I don't care, I need to talk to her?"

Maya lay spread eagled on the stiff hospital bed, scowling at the bright lights that glared back. Her fingers were caked in dried blood, and her knotted hair hid her face from the rest of the world. 

She didn't want to be here.

She didn't need a label for what she was suffering. 

Riley had gone through worse, and she had recovered. Slowly. It was only a little over a week ago when Farkle had found her. Tear prickled in Maya's eyes, as she remembered the cold in Riley's eyes, the softness of her hands, the coarseness of her skin. The darkness that radiated from her. 

No one needed to know about Maya.

Riley was more important.

Maya could survive.

She had survived worse. 

Maya could still taste the bitterness in her mouth. She could still hear the harsh moans that the boy had ripped from her mouth. She could still see the lust in the nameless boy's emerald eyes of poison. She could still feel the agony that prevented her from walking and sitting down for a week.  

"Maya..." she heard a soft masculine voice utter, and she turned her stiff head to face Shawn, whose red eyes were looking at her, full of concern and pity.

Maya hated pity. 

"What have you done to yourself?" Katy whispered, clutching Shawn's arm desperately, as she looked at her daughter. 

"I'm not Riley mum, I haven't been cutting," Maya managed to rasp, wiggling her crimson fingers. A great heaving hack came from inside, and a bloody waterfall came rushing from her mouth, encasing her frail hands in a layer of ruby. 

"Don't tell anyone," she hissed, before the world faded to black. 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

Shawn and Mum had kept their promise, and no one had any idea of what I had suffered.

I looked at the photos on my phone, and a small smile crept across my face. Luke and Hope's tiny, giggling faces popped out at me. Luke in his penguin onesie...Hope giving her brother a piggyback...Luke sleeping on top of his sister...Hope riding a sheep. 

I had to be strong. If not for me, for them. 

I leaned against the gigantic oak tree, and watched the moon as it peregrinated through the sky, it's silver rays bathing Los Angeles in a shroud of mystery. I took a swig of vodka, and continued listening to the silence.

Hope's POV

"PINK FLUFFY UNICORN DANCING ON RAINBOWS!"

"LUKE SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

With the most precise balance, I carefully reach my small hand up towards the cookie jar that Daddy places on the top shelf so that Mummy can't reach it. 

One cookie.

Two cookie.

Three cookie. 

"Hope?" Luke asks, curling up on the couch like a kitten. His huge blue eyes look at me pleadingly, like a puppy. 

"No you cannot have a cookie," I smirk, jumping on the couch next to him. He wraps his thin arms around me, and I squirm jokingly. 

"Is Mummy coming home?" he asks.

--------------------------------

HELLO AWESOME PEOPLE.

I have finally written an author's note after two months, I'm so proud of myself. #sarcasm

So if you haven't figured it out, at around the same time when Riley was dealing with depression (the first time, before TGTCF) Maya as suffering from anorexia nervosa and she had been sexually assaulted. 

:(

This story will revolve around Maya's past quite a bit, and something very, very, very unexpected is coming up. 

BYE, LY ALL. 

C xx 3/4/16