Chapter 5

I AM GONNA START A BLOG BECAUSE I JUST NEED TO EXPRESS SOME SH*T SOMETIMES.
I'M GONNE RIP YOUR HEARTS OUT CAUSE THAT'S WHAT I DO.
CODE RED: I start HIGH SCHOOL tomorrow, so I cannot update as often as I'd like to. 😟
It's Australia Day, and tbh, I don't want to celebrate.
Love ya,
-Claire 26/1/16
--------------------------------

Maya's POV

17th June 2026
Wednesday 

I think we should just be friends. 

The memory flashed through my brain as Lucas grabbed me desperately. 

I pulled away-a bit too slowly for my liking-and kicked him in the unmentionables. He shrieked like a teenage fangirl at a One Direction concert, and crumpled to the ground. 

"You're married you a$$hole," I hiss, slapping his face. For some reason, his eyes glaze over confusedly, as if he's completely forgotten that he's just married Riley. 

I turn away, and sprint away faster than a hunting cheetah. 

Is that what I am now? A cheater?

The lights begin to fade, and I finally slump against a tree, panting, out of breath. My hair tumbles from its elegant twist, and I bury my face in my hands. 

Why did he kiss me?

Does he still have feelings for me?

What the f**k just happened?

Why didn't I pull away faster?

Do I still have feelings for Lucas?

--------------------------------

I slip back into the throng of wedding guests. 

I see Lucas with his arms wrapped around Riley as she feeds him wedding cake. For someone whose balls were just mutilated a few minutes ago, he looks perfectly healthy. Lucas turns his head, and he waves me over, his eyes completely blank, as if nothing happened between us. 

"Cake?" Riley offers, as I sip another glass of champagne, and throw dirty looks at Lucas. 

All of a sudden, there's a scream, and all thoughts of Lucas fade away. 

I hear glass shatter, Luke cry, and the crowd disperses. 

My heart freezes, and I cover my mouth to stop myself from screaming. 

Lying on the grass, in a pool of his own blood, is Charlie. 

And he's not breathing.