Chapter 20

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

*stupid caps lock key not working, have to do this manually ugh*

It's been two months. I know I've been a crappy updater (not a real word, #grammar) and you all probably hate this compared to The Girl They Couldn't Find, but we made it!

WE HIT 1k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you to all of you old readers who have been here since The Girl They Couldn't Find, I know I never update, but I love you guys.

Thank you to all the new readers who have just started, thanks for picking my crappy books out the millions of others.

School holidays are in two days. :-)

BYE
-C xx 6/4/16

-------------------------------------
Farkle's POV
2nd July 2026
Wednesday

Suddenly, I hear the sound of glass crashing onto the floor. Smackle whips her long, flowing locks of wavy dark hair, and catch that familiar scent of musk on the tip of my nose. 

"Run,' she says flatly, as if she's seen this a billion times before. Her face is almost expressionless, but a flash of fear crosses her gaze, before her small hands push me into her wardrobe. I find myself clustered amongst an endless pile of band tees and mathematical equation shirts. 

"B-Babe?" a voice slurs. Through the tiniest crack, I peek out at a tall boy stumbling through Smackle's bedroom door. He grabs her wrists, and it is then I notice the faint scars on her arm.

Not Smackle.

"Is t-there a guy in here?" he interrogates, his voice laced with aggression. Smackle's angelic face remains emotionless, but I can sense the trepidation radiating from her. 

"Would I do that to you Brody?" Smackle replies quietly. 

Out of the blue, Smackle lets out a cry that breaks through the protective walls that have been held around my heart for so long. She comes crashing to the ground, and I have to bite my lip to stop myself from screaming. The boy holds his bloody fist up in front of her, and pulls her hair. 

"You're lying."