Chapter 25

Farkle's POV

19th of July 2026

Saturday

I slouch in my favourite armchair at the ancient library, and escape through Shakespeare's doorway of words, of adventure and chaos, of love and betrayal. I listen as God (or Allah's or Yahweh's, respecting all religions here :--)-C)'s tears plummet against the glass panes. 

It sounds like my heart. 

"Psst," a voice hisses. From out of the corner of my eyes, I see a dogeared book wiggle on the bookshelf. With the speed of a hunting cheetah, I dash over to the bookshelf, and I am greeted by two lovely hazel eyes, wise and enchanting. 

"Buenos dias Isadora," I wiggle my eyebrows coquettishly, and I hear one short laugh erupt from her chest, then no more. Her left eye is veiled by a heavy collage of purple and black, and a black hoodie covers her face. 

"I'm alright Farkle. This isn't the worse he's done," she confesses, as I stretch my finger through the compact gap to brush my fingers against her cheek.

"Why don't you leave him?" I rasp, pouring out nine years of lost love into the next three words. "Be with me."   

She shook her head. 

"He helped me change, and he's done worse in the past. I owe Brody, Farkle. But I'm not here to lament over our sorrows in a library and act like a cliche in a movie scene." She hands me a newspaper, and my eyes widen to the size of saucers. My jaw drops, and I can feel chills tiptoe across my neck. 

"HOLY-"

----------------------------------

Maya's POV

Hope twirls Riley's violet highlights playfully, while Luke slips into his penguin onesie, and curls up next to his favourite aunt on the couch. 

I flip the pancakes vigorously, ignoring the hunger pains in my stomach, satisfying them with a tall glass of water. I pretend that the pancakes are alien spaceships, and have a delightful vision of neon green people pouring maple syrup on humans' head because humans suck. 

All of a sudden my phone rings. I deftly reach for the electronic device, and quickly add another five pancakes to the towering pile on the plate. 

Lucas J. Friar is sending a text.

"Hey Riles, did Lucas get a new phone?" I query, as Riley tumbles off the couch and wipes the mascara off her face. 

"Yeah, apparently he dropped it while out at the bar," she mumbles in response, tossing her hair into a messy bun. 

I open the text, and almost drop my precious phone into the frying pan. 

LUCAS FREAKING FRIAR SENT ME A NUDE, LIKE WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

It's accompanied with: See what you're missing Pancake? ;)

"What's the matter Maya?" Riley calls, dancing to 'Permanent Vacation' with Luke, while Hope practises her air guitar skills. I fumble with my phone, stuffing it into my pocket. 

Lucas sends another text, this time saying: I want to be the horse to your cowboy. ;)

Geez, how bad can I guy get at pickup lines?

I want to block him...but I don't.

To my annoyance, a notification rings from my phone again, and I almost slam the frying pan onto the bijou counter. 

NEWS REPORT: WES FRIAR, LOCAL BAD BOY, FOUND DEAD IN LOS ANGELES RIVER AFTER BEING MISSING SINCE MAY

"HOLY-"

----------------------------------

THERE YA GO!

THIS CHAPTER WAS WRITTEN FOR ALL YA NASTIES WHO THOUGHT IT WAS ACTUALLY WES INSTEAD OF LUCAS!

SORRY FOR SPOILING IT, BUT WES IS DEAD!

TAKE THAT!

I WROTE A CHAPTER THAT WAS OVER TWO THOUSAND WORDS, AND IT HAD A HECK LOAD OF JUICY DRAMA, AND THERE WERE BARELY ANY COMMENT, AND YET I DON'T MIND.

that much...i love you guys bye (lowercase intended) 

C xx 13/4/16