Chapter 34

Farkle's POV

27th August

Thursday 

Eyes hagridden, face sheltered by a dark cloth, I felt the cold air entwine around my skin, and sink through my bones.  An unfamiliar scent wafted near my nostrils, and my lips were parched by memories. 

Recent memories.

Unforgettable memories. 

I could feel the harsh kiss of coarse ropes against my hands and feet, and as I struggled to move groggily, I heard the scraping of a chair. Soft footsteps traipsed near me, the sound causing the hair at the back of my neck to prickle. The hood was lifted, and light stabbed my corneas repeatedly, as my sight met a square grey room, ominous and dreary. A simple laptop was set in front of me, the screen set on a video screen. 

A figure appeared out of thin air, and I felt like a stone had forced down my throat. 

Bald as an egg, his once bright eyes darkened by grief, Zay stood before me, his hands gloved, and his once ever radiant smile wiped off completely. He stares right into my brown eyes, emotionless and cold. 

"I thought you were dead," I rasped, and Zay pressed the play button on the video. Before he left the room, he turned around an opened his mouth. 

His tongue had been cut out. 

The video played, and my heart shattered instantly, as I watched an evil piece of scum heartlessly fondle my beautiful, traitorous Smackle. I closed my eyes, but I could not close my ears, as I heard her agonised cries, and Brody's lusty moans. 

"Love," he hissed, sucking noises protruding my eardrums. 

"You know what to do." 

The video suddenly stopped, and a figure was wheeled into the room by Zay. 

"YOU!"