Chapter 3

Riley's POV
17th June 2026
Wednesday

The leaves dance through the sky, as the summer breeze rushes through Central Park.

My heart is beating uncontrollably, and I'm sweating, but not because it's summer. Maya grips my hands tightly as we wait underneath the shade of a giant tree.

It's absolutely perfect. From where I am, I can see the fairy lights, woven through the branches of trees. I can hear the bustle of relatives and friends gossiping.

"It's a boho dream," Maya sighs, twirling a strand of her golden curls.

"Peaches?"
"Yeah?"
"I'm nervous."
"I know you are."

I hear the familiar tune of an alternative song that I revere, and I can see Hope and Luke skipping down the aisle.

"I'll see you on the other side Mrs. Friar," Maya grins cheekily, before sashaying over to Smackle to start walking.

Suddenly, two huge hands cover my eyes, and I groan.

"Dad, kidnapping me is not going to stop me from getting married."
"Please don't get married?"
"DAD!"
"I'm joking sweetheart."

He links his arm through mine, and I crack a nervous smile.

My ghost
Where'd you go?
I can't find you in the body sleeping next to me
My ghost
Where'd you go?
What happened to the soul that you used to be?

The cue.

I swear, Dad can hear my heart thumping through my chest.

He leads me out, and I feel my cheeks turn crimson as we stroll through the earthy aisle.

Dad leaves me at altar, and I smile as Lucas takes my hand and whispers in my ear.

"Hello Princess."

If I was a younger, I'd be drooling over how handsome Lucas looked in his simple suit and tie.

Unfortunately, I'm 24.

The priest beams at us, and starts the ceremony on a high note. When he puts Lucas' hand over mine, he quips, "Be warned Lucas. This is the last time you'll ever have the upper hand."

Everything flies by in a blur, and I suddenly find Lucas' lips pressed against me passionately as the priest pronounces us man and wife. He cups my face in his hands, and I wrap my arms around his neck.

I hear Maya, Farkle, Charlie and Smackle cheer while Zay wolf-whistles.

"Welcome Mrs. Friar," Lucas grins, as we turn.