Chapter 8

Charlie's POV

"Mummy?"
"Y-Yeah?"
"Why is there water running down you face?"
"Are you and Daddy having a baby?"
"Please don't have a baby!"
"Yeah, we're your babies."

I smile, as Maya scoops the triplets up gently, and leads them into their tiny bedroom. 

Suddenly, my vision ripples, and my head spins faster than a spinning top. I clutch the wall, and with all of my remaining strength, I stumble inside the toilet, and let the contents of my stomach escape from inside. 

"Are you pregnant?" Maya quips, folding her arms as she leans against the door frame. I can't help staring at her golden locks, messily pinned up behind her head. Sapphire gems glisten, as she buries her face into the crook of my neck. 

"I never cry," she chokes out. 

I press my face close, but she turns away. 

God, what's happened to me?!

"Your breath reeks," she giggles half-heartedly. 

She heads off to the living room, and I bury myself under the covers, as voices scream words of agony inside my head. 

Maya's POV

What did that kiss mean?

Riley's POV

My head feels like a rock as I lean against Lucas' bare shoulder. I feel pain attacking every single part of my body, and instead of being warm and welcoming, Lucas' hold feel stiff like steel. 

"Hey Riles," he whispers quietly. He helps me slip my shirt on as I take a moment to catch my breath. 

"What did you do to me?" I squeak, as my fingers brush the faded scars on my wrist. 

He sighs and his lips gently touch my forehead. 

"Show you how much I love you," he smirks.