Chapter 36 Nyctophile

Tesla: They change the trials location.

Eris: What! It's not in the simulation room?

Tesla: Nope

(She lays her right hand on her hip.)

Hulda: Where is it?

Elmert: In the academy.

(He opens a map of the obstacle in the academy.)

***********************

Solis: Deimos said this is the system for the trials.

(Solis explains while opening the map.)

Regulus: Why use the academy? The simulation room is not big enough.

(Solis shakes his head.)

Solis: He said it's not enough and wants to change tradition.

Regulus: This strategy doesn't make sense. Deimos isn't the type to break tradition.

Director Tera: Because I ordered it.

(She interrupts their conversation.) 

Sirius: Why a sudden change?

Director Tera: Because three of the most powerful kings, chose to do the trials this way. To teach our students experience to be in danger among one another.

Sirius: One another?

(He glares at the director confuse.)

Director Tera: Good bye boys. Good luck.

(She walks away leaving the boys confused.)

Sirius: What does she mean by one another?

Alphard: Hey, how were the traditional trials were before these trials?

Solis: Every team goes through an obstacle. It's a test of leadership, strength, intelligence, and quick instincts.

(Regulus notice that every team were in groups of huddles glaring at another.)

Regulus: The atmosphere is beginning to change here.

(Suddenly, Regulus glances at Luna walking towards the giant oak wood doors. He began to have high suspicious about Luna behavior. Regulus taps Solis shoulder getting his attention. Solis turns as he adjusts his sword.)

Solis: What's up bro?

Regulus: Something wrong.

Solis: What do you mean?

(He points at Luna standing in front of the door adjusting her crescent bow.)

Regulus: I don't remember her bow having dark spots.

Ming: Because it doesn't.

(The two boys jump when Ming snuck between them.)

Regulus: Where did you come from Ming?

Ming: Look.

(She gently picks up her arm pointing to the professors and director Tera arguing in the corner.)

Solis: What's going on?

Ming: Solis you need to protect Luna. I fear darkness beyond those doors and therefore in the next trial.

Alphard: What darkness?

(Ming turns away from the boys and began to walk toward her group. She turned one last time glaring at them.)

Ming:  We won't go down easy. But Solis I only have one advice for you.

(Ming whispers in Solis ear.)

Ming: *Save her before it's too late.*

(Ming disappeared in the crowd of students. Solis glares at Luna as she releases the blades of the end of her bow and arrow.)