16: Drunk Mind, Sober Thoughts

Start from the beginning

"Thank you. For always being there for me." Alyssa smiles softly.

"So, is he making you happy or what?"

"Yeah, Sheri. Is he?" Steph comes into the room, both twins in his arms. Sheri immediately gets up with the biggest smile on her face, finally seeing the twins since the hospital. She baby talks the twins and pinches their cheeks before she looks at Steph and laughs.

"To answer your guys' question, he's cool, I guess."

"You like them grown, don't you?" He wiggles his eyebrows as he brings one of the girls to Alyssa.

"You need to not, Stephen."

"I'm just stating the obvious. Klay's trippin'."

"For what reason?" Sheri puts her hands on her hips. "Actually, you know what. No. I don't wanna hear it."

"Good, cause I didn't really wanna elaborate."

"Damn, what are you acting hella smart for Wardell? Go back to sleep." His fiancé says, chuckling.

"Honestly, Lyss. I think he's getting it from you."

"It really is Alyssa' fault though."

"This conversation wasn't supposed to be about me, it was supposed to be about Livingston."

"Are you seeing him after this?" Steph immediately changes the subject.

"And if I do, then what?"

"I'm just asking. Trying to get a gauge of how serious you two are."

"It's nothing serious."

"Then what do you guys do when you see each other?"

"If you don't stop being so goddamn nosy." Alyssa crosses her arms, watching the two go back and forth.

"Just that one question then I'm done for today." Steph defends himself as he looks at Alyssa, then returns his attention back to Sheri.

"We.. watch TV." Sheri shrugs.

"Cuddling?"

"Wardell Stephen Curry!"

"Final question, I promise baby."

"Yes, I guess so." Steph nods as Sheri answers his last question.

"Nice. Go ahead and do your thing then."

"Did you really have to do that, boy?"

"What? I'm just curious." Sheri watches the two go back and forth, before she checks the time on her phone, realizing she told Shaun she'd meet up with him by now.

"Well, I'm just gonna let you two settle this while I go."

"Mhm, okay. Call me. Let me know about every detail." Alyssa calls out as Sheri walks out of the house.

The rest of the day is quiet at the Curry Residence. Mama stopped by to give the two some help, especially being that Steph had a rare day off. She figured he needed all the the rest he could get before the season starts back up, cause Lord knows how chaotic things will get. But, the couple has been getting used to the routine with the twins, finding no problems about waking up in the middle of the night and catering to their needs. Then, doing it all over again. It was a part of parenting and they loved every moment of it. It was easier knowing they had each other (and loved ones) to support them through this journey.

Late at night, Stephen finds himself wide awake since taking an afternoon nap threw him off. He's in the bed, eating popcorn, while Alyssa sleeps peacefully next to him. The twins were fast asleep in their Pack N' Plays, and so for Steph, the night was going pretty well.