Colors

Medyo sabaw. dito ko binuhos yung kilig ko sa lahat ng ganap kahapon. Exams namin bukas pero nasingit ko pa 'to. The chapter is in Alden's POV. Enjoy!

-

I glanced at the clock placed on the bedside table. It was 5 minutes before the alarm and I turned it off so that it would not wake Maine and she could sleep a bit longer. We're on another series of tours and the show we had last night ended late and it's already 2AM in the morning when we slept. I could hear the soft sounds of her snores. I smiled as the rough snorts reached my ears. While most of the people found snoring annoying, I'd always found her snoring comforting. My arm was under her so I pulled it out without waking her up.

I walked out of the veranda and welcomed by a perfect rainbow in array. The huge arc is vividly colored in the sky. Its colors were formed in an array of beauty, the sun appeared over them completed the breathtaking view. I wished Maine would see this. I always described her like a rainbow. Every color represents her. She was my living rainbow.

Yellow has always been her favorite. She's the kind of yellow a sunrise is every morning. She was a bright and lively. Yellow is a happy color, and so she is. She is my yellow. She is my happiness.

Blue. Maine looks good in blue. I remember that time when we both wore blue during one of kalyeserye episodes. Blue is the color of calm and serenity, and as such inspires security and a feeling of safety. With her, I feel safe. I feel relaxed. She calms me whenever I feel annoyed with things. It is also the color of waters and the sky, both refreshing and free feeling – even energizing if bright enough, but still retaining that reliable calm. That was Maine, she is a ball of energy that makes me calm, everyone. She doesn't know how she could wrap everyone around her finger. She is my favorite kind of blue.

Just like Taylor Swift's hit song, loving Maine was red. Because the emotions involved I have with her were so intense and, to me, intense emotion is red. I've always been guarded with my emotions but Nicomaine came and I had to let it all out. Red has always been an aggressive color, it emphasizes power, durability, such as brick wall. Maine is the kind of wall I've always wanted to break. She deserves freedom, she deserves everything. My girl deserves everything because she is my everything.

Green mostly represents the environment and outdoors, and Maine loves outdoors. She loved nature. She love dates on parks and picnics under a big mango tree. I remember how she hugged me when I surprised her with a picnic date on their backyard on one of our monthsary because she has flu and I still wanted to celebrate with her. Someday, our dream house would have a big backyard too. Where our little Richard and Maine will sleep and we'll just stay under that green mango tree. Someday, someday.

Purple is the color of my bruises that Maine's always make fun of me. She would tease me because I'm too clumsy and I would stumble even on flat surfaces then she would laugh before she help me get up. Purple is the color of her hickeys and she would get mad at me because the hickey were too visible and she had to conceal it with make-up or wear sweatshirts and turtlenecks just to hide those marks. Purple is also a color of elegance, luxury. Purple is beautiful. Purple is one of my favorite color on you.

Grey is a color that is some sort of gloomy and reminds me of rainy days.Grey is for storms and you're far from a storm. Love, you were far from a storm in my eyes. She loved rains and I as well love it too. I remembered that night when we fought about the guy who kept on eyeing you and we continued to argue with little things. But when the raindrops came, it washed away and made us forget what we were arguing about. I loved rains. And I love Maine so much too.

Pink is the epitome of sweetness, empathy and inner strength. Pink is the color of the youth. And with you, I feel younger. With her, I feel like a five year old kid who is always rewarded with his favorite candy. She is my favorite candy. The one I would brag with my friends because she is the best. But she is nothing compared to a candy. She is a gem. The most precious one. And she is my Maine. My Nicomaine.

"Love? Bat di mo ko ginising?" My thoughts were interrupted with my beautiful rainbow. She came towards me and I enveloped her into a hug. This is what heaven feels like. And I would never get tired of hugging her. I would never get enough of my Nicomaine.

"Hey Faulkerson. Mapipisa naman ako sa yakap mo na yan. Bakit? Is there something wrong?" Her asked me with the puzzled look on her face and I just placed a kiss on her forehead. "Nothing. I just missed you."

"Sira. Natulog lang tayo miss mo na ko agad! Keso neto ang aga-aga eh." She broke the hug and walked through the veranda. "Hey! Bat di mo sinabi saking may rainbow? Ang ganda Faulkerson oh. Picture tayo, dali!" She fished her phone on her pocket and dragged me for a selfie. We posed with a big smile and snapped a two. When she was contented with the picture she put the phone back on her pocket and placed her head on my arm.

"Faulkerson, what's your favorite color?"

"Ha? Bat mo naman natanong?"

"Wala lang. Ang ganda kasi nung rainbow. Dali na, ano nga?"

I placed my arm on her shoulder and placed another kiss on her head. "You are my favorite color. Because you are everything that colors my world. Every color is you. You are my living rainbow."