Feelings

***

Hi! Thanks for reading. Happy 6th monthsary, Aldub Nation! Half a year na tayong hayok sa ALDUB. Hahahaha! If you have requests in mind, feel free to comment, message, or tweet me @kyemeeeh. Enjoy!

***

"Meng, kelan mo narealize na dapat mo ng sagutin si RJ?"

Maine looked at her friend Valeen who is waiting for her answer. Her hands were in her pockets and she knows her too well that she only does this whenever she felt unease. She grabbed the seat beside her and gave her a smile.

"Bakit sasagutin mo na ba si Je?"

"Meng naman eh." She laughed at her now blushing friend.

"Di ko din alam eh. Biglaan lang. Basta di ko maexplain. I just felt that it was the right time."

Maine and RJ were on a series of out of town tours. On the past few days, their schedules were filled with mall shows, album signings, and fan gatherings. On their last day in town, they've been given a break to tour the town together.

"Hey sleepyhead, wake up."
"Hmmmm."

RJ had always been an early bird. He already done his morning routines, (workout, and shower) he even already made breakfast for them while on the other hand Maine was still tuck in bed and looked like she has no plans on getting up.

The two were given separate rooms. But last night they had movie marathon at Maine's room and ended up sleeping at hers. It has been a normal thing for them to sneak in each other's rooms every time they tour out of town and cuddle to sleep even though they still haven't considered themselves an 'official couple'. They know their limitations and everyone knows how much he respects his girl.

"I thought you want to tour today? E bakit di ka pa bumabangon dyan?"

"For the love of bacons Faulkerson, it's only 7am in the morning. Give me five more minutes."

Seeing Maine in her pajamas, hair messed up, her angelic face bare from make up makes his heart flutter. He could wake up to this sight every day. This was the Nicomaine he always want to be with. This was his Nicomaine. This was the piece he had been looking for since his Mom took a part of him. With her, everything felt perfect. She was indeed God's gift for him. And he can't wait for the time he would be able to show and tell her this every single day of their lives.

He lied down beside her and held her in his arms. He always loved her smell, it was 7am, just woke up yet she smelled lovely. He intertwined her hands on him and hummed in her ears.

"I love you."

Half-awake she is, Maine heard what RJ said. It actually woke up her senses. But this time, it was different. Alden has this habit of randomly telling her how he loves him and she would just answer by playfully hitting his arms or give him small punches. Sometimes she would just joke with him and they'll end up laughing together. But this time, she won't. She faced RJ and looked at him as he hugged him closer. He buried his face on her neck, she can feel his breathing and it was relaxing. It was seconds after when she mumbled, "I love you too."

"What? Are you dreaming? What did you just say?" He immediately got up and faced her but her eyes were still closed.

"I love you. Do you want me to say it again?" She now looked at his eyes now full of emotions, happiness, love, excitement, confusion..

"Will you please say it again?"

"I love you shokoy, love, baby, pachoochie, hun, babe.. I love you, Richard Reyes Faulkerson Jr."

"Shit. You're not dreaming. Or am I?" Maine chuckled at RJ. He still couldn't believe it. He knew how Maine isn't the cheesy type. But here she is, she just said she loves him too.

"You're not baby. You're not. I love you." Maine gave him a quick kiss.

"Susmaryosep. Totoo nga 'to." It was him now who leaned in for a soft lingering kiss. "So tayo na?"

Maine chuckled again at his reaction. He looked like a kid that was rewarded his favorite chocolate for being a good boy. "Yes. So if you please.. Let your beautiful girlfriend get her sleep okay?"

"Hey you're not just bribing me para makatulog ulit diba?"

Maine pinched RJ's nose. He was being too cute. Her RJ was too cute.

"No I'm still really sleepy. Give me an hour. And don't worry, paggising ko mahal pa din kita. At girlfriend mo pa rin ako."

"Basta mafi-feel mo nalang yun. Wag mo lang madaliin."

"We're going to his place later. He'll introduce me to his relatives. You think it's the right time?"

"I think so! Basta whatever happens, you can tell me. If you feel it's still not perfect moment, okay lang. But for me, I've seen how you both love each other. And we're friends, we all wish for your happiness."

"Thanks, Meng."

"O sige na baka iniintay ka na nun. Go girl!" They hugged each other before Valeen left.

"Tara na?"
"Tara na." RJ took Maine's things and slid it inside the car.

"What are you and Valeen talking about? You were all smiles."

"She asked me how and when did I felt it was the right time na sagutin kita."

"Tapos naalala mo kung gano ka ka-cheesy nun kaya kinilig ka?"

"Che. Mas kinilig ka kaya. Mukha kang batang first time makakakain nng chocolate. Tapos halos ibalita mo na sa buong mundo na sinagot kita. Lahat na ng kakilala natin tinawagan mo, di na nga ko nakatulog ulit sa sobrang ingay mo eh."

"Bakit hindi? The girl of my dreams just said she loves me back and agrees to be my girlfriend. What's not to celebrate with that?"

"Oo na. Patay na patay ka talaga sakin no? Hays."

"At gustong-gusto mo naman?"

"Well I can't blame you though. Sobrang ganda ko diba? No need to tell me. Alam ko naman eh."

"At sobrang gwapo ko naman. Kaya bagay tayo."

"Ay, parang di naman."

"Ah ganun." He started to tickle her.

"Stop!" she said laughing, but without an angry edge on her voice. "Gwapo ka na. Iuwi mo na ko."

"Talaga iuuwi na kita?"

"Kulit mo Faulkerson! Ilang kape na naman ba tinira mo?"

"Kape agad? Di ba pwedeng masaya lang talaga?"

"Okay tama na, corny mo na eh. Uwi na tayo."

"Kiss muna."

"Faulkerson!"

"Isa lang, please?"

"Fine."

She gave her one. But it turned to two, three, until they lost count.