Party

"Uy Meng ha! Aasahan kita mamaya. Wag kang mawawala, okay?" Maine's friend Janeeva told her over the phone.

"Di ko pa talaga alam e. Nagpaalam na ko para icancel sana yung shoot, di pa sila nagcoconfirm. Pero hahabol ako. Sorry talaga."

"Ay nako Meng di ko na tatanggapin 'yang sorry mo. Lagi ka nalang wala pag nagyayaya kami. Pati ba naman ngayong birthday ko?" Her bestfriend said with a hint of sadness. "Please, Meng. Kahit eto lang."

"I really can't promise Jan. I'll call you later. Happy Birthday, love you."

Maine sighed. She badly want to make it to her bestfriend's party later but she's afraid she can't because they still have a commercial shoot today.

"You okay?"

"Nagtatampo na si Janeeva dahil di ako makakapunta mamaya. Di pa kasi pumapayag si Direk na i-resched yung shoot mamaya."

"Di ko pa rin macontact si Direk kanina pa eh. But I'm sure you'll make it. I'll drive you there right after the shoot."

"Madaling araw na tayo matatapos mamaya no. Lasing na yung mga yun pagdating natin."

"Gagawan natin ng paraan. For now, let's finish this agad para kahit pano mag-adjust ng konti yung oras."

They continued their shoot and Maine set aside her thoughts for a while. They finished at 7pm but still they have a shoot at 8.

"Oreo, hanggang anong oras 'tong last shoot?"

"1 lang sana, kaso may ishu-shoot pa daw dito ng hanggang 10 kaya baka umabot tayo hanggang 3."

"Oh shoot."

"Teka lang may kukunin ako sa loob." Oreo went back outside and left Maine and Alden.

"Wala na di talaga ko aabot. It will took us an hour from here to Valkyrie." Mas lalong nalungkot si Maine. Tumayo si Alden at hinawakan ang kamay niya.

"Let's go."

"Huh? San tayo pupunta?" Nagtatakang tanong niya.

"We'll go to Janeeva's party. Dali magsstart na yun." Hinila lang siya ni Alden papunta sa sasakyan niya.

"Hey wait pano yung shoot natin?"

"Priorities, love." They both smiled and made their way to her bestfriend's birthday.

They arrived at Valkyrie just in time. One of their friends spotted them at nilapitan sila.

"Maine you came!" The guy said and enveloped her into a hug. Umubo naman si Alden sa likod niya.

"Buti nga nakapunta eh. By the way, Frank this is Alden. And I guess you know him already Frank?"

Frank offered a hand shake, "Of course I know him. The great Alden Richards."

Alden accepted the hand shake. "Nice to meet you."

"Is Janeeva there already?"

"Yeah, actually she mentioned na baka di ka makapunta ngayon. I'm surprised you actually made it."

"I can't forgive myself if I missed my bestfriend's birthday. We'll go inside now, see you around."

Maine and Alden made their way inside to look for Janeeva. Some of the girls there would ocassionally look at Alden while guys eyes Maine.

"Dapat pala pinagpalit muna kita ng damit bago tayo pumunta dito. Andaming tumitingin sayo oh!"

Maine was wearing a sky blue off-shoulder blouse partnered with a plain black short. Alden on the other hand is wearing a shirt over a blue jacket. They looked like icons came out from a fashion magazine. Sure they were, they came from a shoot that's why they looked like one.

"Sus ikaw din kaya. Yung mga babae o mapuputol na yung leeg sa pagsunod ng tingin sayo. Dapat di na lang kita sinama."

"Selos ka na nyan."

"Of course not. Feeling ka na naman e." Alden pinched her sides and he earned a slap. "Wag kang ano dyan.. Hey ayun si Jan oh!"

Maine held Alden's hand and made their way to Janeeva. She was surprised to see Maine and all she could do is crush her friend into a hug.

"Oh my God. You made it!!! Sobrang thank you, Meng!"

"Happy Birthday! Shoot. I forgot your gift. We came straight from a pictorial and-"

"Don't mind the gift! Sobrang saya ko na nakarating ka. And you're with.."

Lumingon silang lahat sa kasama ni Maine. She haven't properly introduce Alden to her friends because she was too busy meet up with them.

"Girls, this is Alden. Ops! Taken na yan kaya bawal beso. Hand shake lang." Maine childly said.

Her friends gave her a teasing look. Alden offered his hand to each one of Maine's friends. "Sorry, selosa yung girlfriend ko eh. Nice meeting you!"

"Oh Meng, I'm so happy of you! Hoy Alden di porket artista ka e di ka na namin huhuntingin pag sinaktan mo to."

"I won't. Tsaka ako kaya palaging sinasaktan niyan." Maine acted like he was going to punch Alden. "See? Brutal niyan sakin."

"Ay nako Meng! We seriously need to catch up. Ang dami mong dapat ikwento sakin. Anyways, I thought may shoot kayong dalawa ngayon? Pumayag ba nung nagpaalam ka?"

Tsaka lang naalala ni Maine na di nga pala sila nagpaalam. She was about to get her phone but she stopped herself and just shrugged. She held Alden's hand and squeezed it tightly.

"One thing I learned when I became an artist is about priorities. Sure, I'll get loads of money from work. But memories and quality time with the one's you love is something you can't buy with money. I won't miss my bestfriend's special day for a shoot." Maine looked at Alden and smiled genuinely. They even did their infamous "kilay language".

"You're too are badly smitten."

The two of them just smiled. "Can't see any wrong with that."