"You gon' rip my flesh apart if you keep doing that."

"I really will if you don't stop, Steph!" She yelled in pain.

"Alright, alright." He laughed. "Relax for me. This will all be worth it in the end, you hear?"

"I know, but I just want these twins out of me!" The sweat was dripping down her forehead and Steph did the best he could to wipe it off and push her hair out of the way.

"Come on, baby girl, just breathe." Mama says as she comforts Alyssa on the other side of the bed. Steph is holding one hand, while Mama holds the other. "I'll be right here okay?" 

"Somebody tie my hair please!" Steph notices that the arm with hair ties is the arm he's holding, so he takes a hair tie and tries his best to tie her hair.

"Jeez, where did you get all this hair?" He says, struggling to tie her hair as she sits up. Mama lets out a small chuckle watching him patiently work with her hair. She has never seen somebody so loving like Stephen was and she loved that about him. "There you go." Steph smiles at his work, her pony tail lopsided. But at least it was up and out of her way. 

Sooner or later, the doctor decides that it's time for Alyssa to push. Mama is left in the room while Steph follows the rest of the staff into the delivery room. The nerves were getting to him, jitters heavily taking place. The moment was finally here and he couldn't be any more excited. He honestly could cry if he wanted to, but he was gonna wait till later for all that. At this point, a cap is put over Alyssa's head and the doctor gets her things ready for the delivery.

"Baby you're gonna be alright. You got this." He whispered, planting a kiss on her cheek. "Keep your eyes on me." She looks at him and nods, a bit scared for what's about to happen. But she knew it would all be worth it.

"I'm scared."

"Don't be, beautiful. Everything's gonna be okay. Just remember what's at the end of this all. I'm gonna be right here."

"Alright sweetie, I'm gonna need you to start pushing." The doc says over her legs. Alyssa pushes, yelling in pain. The intensity of the pain was unbearable, and Alyssa had no idea how she was gonna go through this.

"Ugh, God! Stephen why!" She yelled as she kept pushing. Steph laughs, and shakes his head.

"Loaded with super powers, sweetie. I cant help it." He winks and laughs to himself, knowing he cant help it even while she's in pain. She squeezes his hand and digs her nails onto his flesh yet once more, making Steph bite onto his bottom lip to prevent himself from wincing.

"One more for Baby A!" The doctor says, urging Alyssa to push once more. 

"You're doing great, baby girl. Just one more." Steph says, encouraging Alyssa to give a big push as Baby A comes out. She immediately cries, letting the nurses quickly care for her before she's placed in Alyssa's arms. 

"Oh my god." She says, crying as the first twin is placed in her arms. Steph places a kiss on Alyssa's sweaty forehead before kissing the first twin's forehead.

"Hey princess. You're so beautiful." He kisses the baby's cheek before caressing it. The nurse takes the baby to clean her up completely and take her weight before Alyssa is urged to take the pushes for the next twin.

"Alright Alyssa, give us a couple more pushes for the next one and then it'll all be done. You got this sweetie." The doctor said. Alyssa takes a deep breath before she squeezes Steph's hand, gaining the courage to push through to see the next baby.

"I love you, Alyssa. I love you so much for giving me this family. For being my family." He whispers in her ear as she continues to push. "This our family, baby. These are our girls." He continues to sweet talk her to make the process easier.

"One more, Alyssa. She's almost here." Alyssa takes one, deep breath before putting the remaining of her energy into the push. She takes deep breaths as she hears the baby crying, allowing the nurses to quickly wipe her down before she spends a few moments with the father and mother. 

"Here's Baby B." The nurse quickly cleans her up and takes her weight, before placing both of the twins in Alyssa's arms. Steph feels the tears welling up in his eyes seeing Alyssa carrying the twins. He was beyond happy that this was his family and the thought made him feel more blessed as each second passed by. No longer being able to stop the tears, he smiles and bends down to give her a kiss on the lips before turning his attention to the twins.

"My baby girls. Daddy loves you so much." He whispers, his nose caressing each's skin before kissing their cheeks. "Daddy always got you two, you hear? I will always be here." He whispers. Alyssa begins to cry, watching Steph share a moment with his daughters. There was never any doubt in her mind when it came to Steph and these girls. She had no worries. She knew he loved them from the moment they were conceived, and she knew he was doing everything he can to better himself for their daughters.  He wanted to be the best father and that was the one thing he kept putting his mind to every single day. 

And yes, she was beyond blessed for having a man like him.

"So, what's it gonna be for the twins?" The doctor laughs, standing and putting her hands up on her hips. "What's their names?"

"Yeah, daddy?" Alyssa chuckles. 

"Oh, dad's got the names?"

"You bet." Steph says, making everyone in the room laugh. But he keeps his eyes on the twins, examining their beauty and their head full of hair. They damn near already look like their mother. "Their names are Micah and Layleana." 

-

(Tru Love - Faith Evans)