Chapter 12

1 hour later...

Peter was on the couch, taking a nap. He needed to rest up. The next day he would be back to work. So me and Deadpool sat in Peter's bedroom on his bed and quietly talked.

"Those guys were freaks. I really hate walking home from work, especially at this time of the year. I wish I had my stun gun still. It was my protection weapon of choice," I said.

"Oh, I still have it!" he exclaimed and took it out of his holster.

"You kept it?" I asked.

"Yeah! It was cool!" he said and handed it to me. I took it and put it in my coat pocket.

We looked at each other. My eyes jumped away.

"Anyway, were you okay last night? You seemed upset after talking about your life."

"It just hurts to talk about my family. I haven't seen them in forever. I mean, I don't really want to see them. But the thing is, I see people and their families all happy and I just wish that could be me. I'd give anything for that to be me," I said with a sigh.

"I don't even know if they are all even still alive. I'm all alone in one of the biggest cities in the world."

"You're not all alone. You have me!" he said.

"I didn't mean it that way."

"Who needs family? All they do is bug you," he said.

"Deadpool...I don't want to talk about this anymore. It's way too painful," I said.

"Alright, no problem," he said.

I was relieved we were off of that subject. Time to start a new one.

"Am I ever going to get to see you out of that suit?" I asked.

He took it the wrong way. I knew by how he looked at me. He was smirking under that mask.

"If you want me to, I can take it all off now. I'm not wearing anything underneath it though-"

I punched his arm lightly and rolled my eyes.

"You know that's not what I meant," I said.

He snickered.

"What I mean is, will I ever get to see the real you?" I asked.

"Maybe...maybe not. It depends on where this relationship goes..."

I slapped him. It was a playful kind of slap though. Not hard enough to hurt him...if he could be hurt.

"Can I see your face?" I asked.

He shook his head and laughed sheepishly.

"Um...I don't think you'd want to. Like I said, I'm messed up. My face and whole body is covered in scars," he said.

"So what?"

"You'll be sick. You'll never want to talk to me again," he said.

"That's not true. You're my friend. I wouldn't do that. Hasn't Peter or Logan seen your face?" I asked.

"Yes and they both were disgusted," he said.

"Come on, just for a few seconds?" I asked.

"No Iris."

"How about just a glimpse of it then? Just your chin, mouth and nose. How about that?" I asked.

Deadpool's pov

She begged over and over again. She probably wasn't giving up any time soon. But she just couldn't see me! She would never look at me the same way again.