Chapter 7

The next day...

I arrived at work a few minutes early. Although yesterday was very awful, I was in a unusually happy mood.

"Good morning, Irene," said Carol.

"Good morning!" I said with a big smile.

I punched in and went to my work area.

"Hey Iris," said Michael.

"Hey Mike!" I chirped and sat down.

He let out a laugh.

"You're awfully happy today," he said, "what's going on?"

"Nothing. I just woke up feeling happy."

"Well good for you. Anyway, I have something I need to tell you," he said.

"What's that?" I asked while logging into my computer.

"Ty said he would like to have a word with you privately in the conference room."

My happy mood went away at the mention of him.

"Why?" I asked.

"He didn't say. He just said to meet him," he said and walked away.

Great! Now I had to deal with that jerk. I stood up and headed for the conference room.

I entered when I got there. Ty was standing at the head of the table. When he saw it was me, he smiled.

"Hi," he said.

I shut the door hard.

"Hi!" I said crossly.

"Look, I just wanted to apologize about last night. It was rude for me to say what I said. Last night wasn't how I wanted things to start between us," he said.

"Ty, please just st-"

"Please, just listen to me. I want to make it up to you. Would you come over to my house...for dinner after work at 7?"

I began to reject when suddenly, he took my hand.

"Please, just give me another chance," he begged.

I crossed my arms and frowned at him.

"Fine. But I swear, if you ever insult me again-"

"I won't. I promise, I won't," he said.

I sighed.

"Alright. Whatever."

7:00pm

At Ty's condo...

I knocked on the door. After a few seconds, Ty opened it. He was wearing nothing but a towel around his waist.

"Hey! I'm glad you could make it!" he said.

"Hi," I said.

"Come in."

I entered.

"Okay, just let me get dressed real quick. I'll be right back. Make yourself at home," he said.

He left the room. I sat down on a semicircle black leather couch in front of large windows overlooking some pretty buildings of the city and removed my coat. I shook my head. I bet he had been waiting in a towel until I got there just so he could show off his body. I wasn't impressed.

I had decided to just bring a taser instead of a gun. I didn't want to kill Ty. At least not today.

In a few minutes, he returned in black slacks and a white button down shirt, with a popped collar. I rolled my eyes.

"You look nice," he said.

"I'm just wearing jeans and a plain white T-shirt."

"I know but you still look nice," he said.

He went to the kitchen that connected to the living room. He opened the refrigerator, took out a bottle and got two glasses from a cabinet. He sat the glasses and bottle down on a coffee table in front of me and sat down beside me.

"Dinner is almost done. But while we wait, have some wine."

He picked up the bottle, popped the cork and poured each of us a glass of wine. I picked up my glass and took a sip. Not too bad. Much better than the champagne from last night.

"Do you like it?" he asked.

"Yes, it's good," I replied, sitting my glass down.

"Excellent."

I jumped when I heard a ding come from the kitchen.

"The casserole is ready!" he exclaimed and stood. He went to the kitchen and took the casserole out of the oven.

"You made casserole?" I asked.

"Well...lasagna," he said.

He took out two plates, cut a piece of lasagna for each of us and placed them on the plates. He grabbed two forks and returned to the couch.

"Here you go," he said, handing me a plate and a fork. "Careful, it's hot."

I took a piece of the lasagna with my fork and took a bite. Wow. It was great!

After dinner...

"So, what did you think?" asked Ty. We had finished eating. Now we were just sitting on the couch, occasionally sipping from champagne.

"It was great, Ty. You're a good cook," I said.

"Thank you. I learned the recipe when I was younger from my mom," he said.

"Well, your mom is amazing," I said.

"Do you think I'm amazing?" he asked.

I froze at his question.

"Ty, you're my b-boss. I look at you as just a n-normal person," I stuttered.

"You know I'm not normal though. I'm one of the most richest and successful men in New York and America. You have to think I'm a little amazing."

"If I say you're amazing, will you be satisfied?" I asked.

"Very."

"Then you're amazing," I said.

He smiled.

"Thank you."

I took a small sip of my wine.

"You know, you look really pretty in those jeans, T-shirt and trench coat. I wonder how much better you would look out of them."

I sat my glass down and glared at him.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me babe," he said.

He moved closer to me. His smile turned into a smirk. That smirk reminded me of very bad memories from my teenage years. Smirks that I wish I could forget. My hand jumped to my coat pocket that held my taser.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Since I made you dinner, I was hoping I could get a little something in return," he said.

I knew what he wanted and he sure as hell wasn't getting it.

"Never. I will never do that with you. Not on the first date. Not on the second date. Not ever," I said and stood up, pulling out the taser and pointing it at him.

Unfazed, he grabbed the taser easily and threw it across the room. He grabbed my hand and pushed me down onto the couch.

"Hey! I gave you this job when you needed it! I made you dinner! I played Mr. Nice Guy. Now I'm getting something in return. You're not going anywhere babe," he said.

He grabbed my wrists and straddled me.

"You don't get it, do you? I'm Tyler Nitch. That means I get what I want, when I want. Even if I have to break the rules to get it."