4: Practice Makes Perfect

Start from the beginning

"No." Alyssa says, keeping her eyes on the magazine in front of her. It's been a long time since she left the relationship behind, and she didn't know if he was the same or if he was better. She honestly just didn't know if he was going to be an issue. So far, God's been listening to her prayers and has been looking over her. He hasn't done anything shady, scary, or anything along those lines and she hopes it stays that way.

"Okay, okay." Steph lets out a breath of relief. "I think we're good then." He continues to pace around the room with his hands on his hips. She looks up, chuckling at the sight and shaking her head.

"You're too much." He arches his eyebrow as he stops in his tracks and looks at her.

"I'm what?" He puts his hand to his ear and leans forward.

"You're. Too. Much." She says louder, causing Steph to jump onto the bed and in between her legs. He holds himself over her as he climbs closer to her face.

"You wanna keep playing games?" He says, trying to be seductive. Alyssa lets out a laugh and puts her hand on his mouth.

"I'm not playing games with you." He moves his face to remove her hand from his mouth.

"Why, cause you know I'ma win?"

"You're so competitive, I cant handle it." She laughs. "I'm all pregnant and shit and you still worried about winning." He laughs as he buries his face onto her belly.

"I'm just kidding, baby. You know I am." He places his hands on either side of her belly and kisses it before looking back at her. "But you know.. I am winning everyday." He wiggles his eyebrows.

"Oh really?" She says, arching her eyebrows. He plants a big kiss on her lips before hopping off the bed.

"Yep! Got myself a beauty with a booty!" He yells as he makes his way down to the kitchen. He walks over to the fridge to see if there's anything him and his girl could snack on upstairs. But he's pulled away from his own thoughts when his phone starts ringing.

"Hello?"

"Yo, Steph. I need you to do be a really big favor." His uncle says coming through on the other line.

"Whatsup Unc?"

"Brody's babysitter can't sit for me and your auntie, so we were wondering if you and Alyssa could watch him for a few hours. We have an event to go to and we won't be out too late." Brody was Stephen's 8th month old baby cousin and honestly, he loved playing with the child. He just wasn't sure if he could handle babysitting.

"Uh, I mean, yeah I guess so?" He said scratching his head.

"Alright we'll be there in a couple of minutes." Steph sighed as he ended the call. He was a bit nervous, but he decides to look at it in a more positive way. It could help him prepare for the twins.

"Baby!" He yells from downstairs.

"Huh?" Alyssa yells back as she manages to get herself up off the bed and to the stairs.

"I need you!" He patiently waited for her to make her way to the kitchen.

"What is it?" She says coming into the kitchen, one hand on her belly, the other cupping the bottom of it.

"We need to babysit Brody for a couple of hours." She smiles.

"Oh my god, yay." She says in excitement.

"Yay? You can handle watching a baby right now?"

"And why not? I'm not completely useless, Stephen. And besides, have you ever babysat a baby before?"