10. No-L Without Love

I don't know why but I absolutely love writing this one statement before you guys head to the chapter.

Hope you like it....
Enjoy*.*

I see what you see!! The next best couple in the book! Yep there are gonna be loads.....

Don't you just love a good chemistry!
Get on ya lads.....

******

McKenna

I quickly walked out of the stalling elevator and banged on the apartment door right across from it.

The doors of the elevator slid shut with a loud sound and I leaned against the wall beside the door waiting for it to open as I toyed with the sleeve of the football jersey I was wearing.

One last reminder of you.

The door still stood closed and growing impatient by the minute I whined and started my banging with renewed vigour.

"Open the damn door."

I waited until I heard the telltale sound of locks being turned and sighed at the time it took for her to get to the damned door.

The door swung open a few seconds later and an elderly woman with a bent back and silver hair stood glaring at me. She was dressed in the typical granny robe over a granny maxi and had the trademark granny scowl on her face.

Well, that's all I remember of my grandmother at least.

"Um, excuse me. Isn't this Noelle Page's apartment?" I asked feeling awkward at my uncontrolled tirade a few minute ago.

"Do I look like a Noelle Page to you?" She growled, slamming a wrinkly hand against her hip.

The only other door on the floor opened on hearing the fuss and terrified of the woman before me I didn't turn around to look at the person shamelessly watching our exchange.

"Five years of friendship and you still don't remember my apartment number?" The voice behind me sighed.

I whipped around to see Noelle standing in the doorway in the typical Noelle outfit. The skimpy cami top and flannel pyjamas with her horn rimmed glasses on her nose.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Wallace. This homeless girl belongs to me." She said to the old lady.

"Kids, I tell you." The lady whined at me and with a last death glare went back into her apartment closing her 101 locks all over again.

"Homeless?" I quirked an eyebrow at her.

"You bet your single ass." she said - well, subtlety wasn't her middle name -  and turned away, stalking into her apartment leaving the door wide open for me. I followed her and closed the door behind me.