7. Not Strangers Somehow

If you want to get in touch with and tell me anything - you can post on my Twitter page(link in my bio) and I will start posting update dates of my books on my Twitter page as soon as you guys follow me. So you'll know everything before I put it on Wattpad. It's true!

C.S : Coz I'm abso-effing-lutely obsessed with it. Tori Kelly - Paper Hearts.
And them coz I love 'em like crazy
BTS - Butterfly
*****

McKenna

Driving back from the holiday delight, sitting shotgun instead of crawling on the floor mat, felt odd.

As if the link between two strangers - who'd met yesterday for the first time - had somehow deepened and gone beyond the comfort zone.

Dan tapped his fingers on the wheel as he cruised effortlessly on the fairly deserted road with speeds that would have earned him a black eye if he hadn't already warned me of it.

The thrill of riding in a car at the speed of an aircraft wasn't really my idea of fun. If I wasn't stranded in the middle of nowhere with an annoying nobody and I had any other option but him. I would have jumped that gun and said toodles to him ages ago. But my options were next to  zero and when help came to you should grab it with both arms and legs. And I was here, grabbing my help and somehow clinging to life too.

"Just so you know, if I'm a road rash pancake my ghost isn't gonna make Afterlife easy for you." I muttered and crossed my arms over my breasts as the seatbelt was doing a stellar job of over-defining them.

He turned and beamed at me sneaking a very subtle - really surreptitious, if I wasn't a lawyer with cat like senses I would have totally missed it - glance at my arms awkwardly wrapped around my body.

"What makes you think I'll join you in Afterlife? I would go to great lengths to avoid your company."

"Oh, and how exactly are you going to avoid being a flat bread on concrete?"

"You are so odd, Princess. Do you enjoy making gruesome breakfast references?"

"I enjoy all kinds of references to get my point across."

"Oh, you do? Do you?" His provocative tone again.

"It doesn't take long for the blood to go from the upper region to the lower appendage, does it?" I smacked his arm and returned to me original position after hearing the satisfactory smack.

"Well, depends on the speed of the situation," he said, barely fazed by the obviously painful slap I delivered.

"Well, there isn't any situation here!" I opened my arms and spread them around the cabin to emphasise my point.

"So you say," he grumbled and stuck out his pretty pink lower lip.

"No baby!" I tried the sugary sweet tone,
"So I know."

"Fine." He glanced at me to motion to the seatbelt and my issue. I quickly refolded my arms and gave him a stank eye.

"Back to the topic we were discussing before you rudely lead me astray. Are you going to answer?" I turned in my seat to face him.

"Well, I'd... save myself by... yeah, jumping out before the real deal."

"Yeah, you have a cape underneath the shirt, right?" I retorted and exactly what I expected came back in return,

"With the magic underwear beneath my pants." I turned a soft shade of pink remembering the underwear that I'd stolen.

He smirked, proud, thinking he was making me blush. But in my current state I couldn't even argue or correct him so I gave him the satisfaction.