5. Jumping The Gun - And Over The Table

A/N: First off!!! It's a Saturday!!!!
Suck it Monday!!

*does an impromptu Harlem Shake*
*trips over*

Now that's just totally how I see Dan and McKenna spending a day together. Everything about them is either rosy or on the brink of insanity.

There is no middle ground in this fight for superiority.

But I love that about a relationship, the endless arguments and still a shred of peace.

Lots more to come! Thank you for sticking around...

Don't forget to vote and comment for every chapter and send us your feedback!

P.S - I noticed that I've made a tonne of typos in the previous chapters and might do that in the future too - will try to avoid it, though - but please forgive those. I will fix it when I finish the book. I actually hand write the book(coz I think better with pen to paper) before typing it so in the rush I accidentally skip the errors.

Thank you!

Enjoy....

******

McKenna

"I'll deal." I plopped on the rug and laid the deck on the coffee table. Then trying to be elegant I folded my legs under me, tugged the sleeves up to my elbow and looked up to see his reaction.

He looked slightly amused as he sat down on the rug across from me and gave me a shoulder shrug as if encouraging me to continue. I nodded and began sifting the cards like a dealer in Monte Carlo.

He didn't say anything but placed his chin on a closed fist resting on the table top and watched me.

"Princess, I'm totally imagining you in a slinky black dress sitting in a smoky parlour dealing cards to old, balding men with cigars." He smirked as I formed the picture in my head.

Honest to God, it was hot as hell.

Because in my head this unattainable Ian Somerhalder was sitting across from me and motioning me to shift my seat to his inviting lap. I shook my head.

"Fantasy is only as far as you're gonna get, Mister."

"Damn, I need a woman." He mused and I whipped a quick reply,

"No women in this house as long as I'm here. I don't want you screwing any female in any corner of this house. Your hand is your new best friend. Geddit?!"

"Mmhmm. Well then - fantasy is all I got apart from my constant companion - " he lifted his hand and smirked, "- you're sitting on my lap then and dealing the cards. Much better?" He groaned and I almost tossed the pack at him.

Well, his fantasy or intuition was spot on cause my imagination was steadily heading in that direction.

Keep it in check, Ken. It's so easy to screw up. I mumbled to myself repeatedly.

"So you're one of the old, balding men on the table - desperate in need of the Viagra - and lusting after a pretty little thing." I retorted.

He barked a laugh and looked like he wanted to say something about my shredding tongue but I parted the cards and laid out his 5 cards and then mine. Then I placed the remaining in between us.