1: Emotional Rollercoaster

Start from the beginning

"Ma said she was gonna bring some food too."

"Yup. Goody bags, I'll do tonight with Klay. George has the games under control. And yeah.. I think that's it." Alyssa nods in approval. She doesn't know what she'd do without her bestfriend. This is some real shit. "How was the registry and RSVP coming, Steph?"

"Cool." He simply says and shrugs.

"You have been keeping up, right?" 

"Yes, Sheri. Sheesh. I'm not that useless." He says, making Sheri laugh. "Everything's cool. And as for you my lady, you don't need to worry about a thing." He smiles. Everyone decided it would be cool to plan the baby shower instead of putting the stress on Alyssa. Lord & everybody knows she's been an emotional rollercoaster carrying these twins. 

"I wanna help put up decorations." Alyssa said finishing her food and slowly getting down from the stool. 

"Even if you tried babe, you wouldn't be able to reach anything." He follows her into the living room area where HB, Dray and Klay are still putting up banners. She reaches for a roll of streamers and looks at the room to see which empty spots she could fill with it. 

"I could do it." She says as she walks over to the empty side of the wall and begins to tape some of the streamers. "I think?" Steph steps back for a minute, watching his girl give it a go, which clearly isn't happening for her. He gives it a few minutes as he crosses his arms, watching her reach but currently failing. He starts to chuckle when he hears her whining a bit. 

"You alright, babe?"

"Yes, Stephen." She says, keeping her focus on trying to reach the corner of the wall. He prevents himself from bursting out in laughter, calling for attention from the rest of the guys.

"You ain't even gon' help your lady out?" Draymond says laughing as Harrison makes his way to help Alyssa out with the streamers.

"She said she could do it."

"I did say I could do it.." She says, mean mugging him.

"I don't interfere when she tries to be independent." He looks at Dray and shrugs. He looks back down at his fiancé, now looking winded from the effort. "But we'll take care of it babe, go chill. That belly lookin' like it's gon' make you topple over." He laughs, as she playfully hits him. 

"I need to go edit videos."

"Alright, well. We'll be down here. Holler if you need me." He says as he smacks her ass when she passes by. 

"Jeez, Steph." Klay says passing by.

"Do not start with me." Alyssa yells as she makes her way to her office/makeup room. When she finally gets there, she takes a hefty sigh of relief, already feeling tired of being on her feet. She does her usual, going through comments on all social media sites and apologizes for delays in between videos because of the pregnancy. With the twins on their way pretty soon, she hasn't been able to focus much on making videos and all

But she appreciates all the love and support she's been getting. Well, her family has been getting. 

While editing a quick update video she shot the other day, she feels her phone vibrate next to her. Even a bit hesitant to pick up the phone, she picks it up anyway just to see who it is. 

Unknown Number: Wow, 8 months pregnant and twins? That's amazing. Glad to see you happy, Alyssa. 

She doesn't know why, but the text bugs her to the bone. She's not sure if she should block his number, but so far, he hasn't been sending anything that would alarm her. So far, her ex has been nice and supportive about things. 

At least, that's what he seems to be putting out there. 

She just finds it kind of weird how he's been keeping up with her life and how he's up to date with everything. And how he keeps texting even if she doesn't respond.

With her emotions at an all time high, she finds herself highly irritable, upset, confused, all of the above. And she has no idea why.

"Ugh." She groans to herself, wiping away the couple of tears escaping her eyes.

"Hey baby." Steph says as he walks in with a bowl of fruits and water. "I brought you something." He sets the bowl and water on the open space on her desk, realizing she was sniffing and wiping her face. "What's wrong baby girl?" He squats down to get a better look at her.

"I don't know." The question triggering more tears to come down. No, she hasn't told Steph about her ex hitting her up here and there. That's one of the main reasons why her emotions are at a high, but she also doesn't find the need to cause she doesn't respond, nor has he threatened to do anything out of the ordinary. 

"Aw jeez, crying for no reason again?" He chuckles, used to his girl being emotional during this pregnancy. "Come on." He rubs her back as he pushes himself up and puckers his lips. She returns the favor and kisses him, feeling a bit better than she did earlier. Some TLC was all it took sometimes. "Stop crying, alright? I got you." He continues to rub her back until she lets out a sigh and continues to do her work on the computer.

"The twins got my feelings in a wreck, man." She says, slowly editing the video in front of her.

"It's okay." He simply says. "Eat up your fruit. And don't edit too hard. I'ma be downstairs."

"Okay." And with that, he exits her room. For some reason, he knows something else is bugging her. She's been off some days, and he can tell its more than just the pregnancy. But at the same time, being Steph, he doesn't wanna start overthinking things and making things worse. Maybe she was just in her feelings, maybe it was more than that. Sooner or later, he'd figure it out. But as of right now, tending to her was the most important thing.